Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now you have showed why you are so in favor of that clip. I'll bet you didn't even know that Bristol isn't a politician.
Neither is her Mom. In case you missed it, adding her to the Republican ticket in 2008 didn't work out too well. Then she went home and quit her day job of being Govenor of Alaska. Apparently she is now a reality TV star and a Fox News commentator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 08:44 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought Bristol's mother, Sarah, was the politician in the family. Bristol is just one of the politician's children and left leaners love to make fun of them.

Gong!!!! I'm way left, and I've been defending Bristol. I loathe her annoying mother, but Bristol is okay for her age.

I guess you're wrong, yet again.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Sterotype much? For your information, the troops are not all right wing and are certainly not all lovers of country singers. No offense to country singers but no one in my family in the military....or any of their close friends who are also in the military....are fans of CW music. And believe it or not, many of them are liberal. However, they do obviously have good taste since they did not appreciate a classless, talentless, "comedian" making fun of a woman's looks.
Oh hell. She gives Paris Hilton more headaches than her purse full of cocaine.

People need to lighten up a bit.

And Bristol Palin ain't fat!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,061 times
Perhaps Mrs. Griffin needs a reminder of the time when she appeared on Leno's Tonight Show and Jay insinuated, through a cheesy remark, that she was ugly. On her own "D list" show or whatever it was called, Kathy later confessed that she was ready to cry right there on the spot, on national TV. Maybe she has grown thick skin and learned to take a few jabs after dishing some out? I dunno...

Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bristol Palin is "stunningly beautiful?" LOL...i'ono 'bout dat!! She's a 6.5, TOPS!
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Perhaps Mrs. Griffin needs a reminder of the time when she appeared on Leno's Tonight Show and Jay insinuated, through a cheesy remark, that she was ugly. On her own "D list" show or whatever it was called, Kathy later confessed that she was ready to cry right there on the spot, on national TV. Maybe she has grown thick skin and learned to take a few jabs after dishing some out? I dunno...
she's not THAT ugly, showtunes. She's no raving beauty but she's not ugly either.

Last edited by wehotex; 12-06-2010 at 10:41 PM..

Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
The troops started booing when they saw Giffin was trashing people before Bristol's pic came up. I think they just wanted her to stop and go away the moment she opened her mouth. It's one thing to preform for the troops but get someone the troops really want to see

Old 12-07-2010, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I can't stand Kathy Griffin. She's not funny and super annoying!! She builds her career out of making fun of other people. I don't understand how that can be funny.
She deserved to get booed. Maybe someday she will grow up, in the meantime I am glad our troops reacted the way they did. Putting people down constantly does nothing but show imnaturity and stupidity.
Nita

Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I liked her on " Seinfeld" because she played such an annoying and irritating person so convincingly. I think that was her whole bit, just be annoying and irritating. She has strayed into being mean but still was not as truly nasty and hateful as some others like Wanda Sykes or Bill Maher. But Hollywood types say stupid things to get approval from other Hollywood types, you just have to ignore them because they really don't have a clue anyway.
I don't like her either, its nothing personal I just don't find her funny or talented.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Neither is her Mom. In case you missed it, adding her to the Republican ticket in 2008 didn't work out too well. Then she went home and quit her day job of being Govenor of Alaska. Apparently she is now a reality TV star and a Fox News commentator.
She certainly is a politician. Maybe not your favorite or mine, but she was and still is a politician in some people eyes.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies