Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol you think hes hurting for money? He cant promote his show without saying what he said?

Can you prove he is a liar? He explained his vote, can you prove he lied about what he said.

Why is it so hard for you believe what he said? A lot of people voted for Obama without knowing much about him.

Because it is just a stupid reason to vote for Obama. Simmons is far from stupid. Gene is always looking to make more money, don't take my word for it, watch the show and you will understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 PM

506 posts, read 1,313,802 times
I've still yet to see a perfect presidential candidate. The Republicrats offered us two "choices," as usual, between the lesser of two evils. IMO, Obama was the lesser of the two evils. McCain put a fork in himself with his vice presidential choice and seeing him turn from what had been an admirable man to the international house of waffles was a sad exhibition.

Watching Obama go from super organized and well targeted in the campaign to floundering aimlessly hasn't been so great either.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I didnt post this so much so because he regrets his vote to Obama. Many people do that. I posted it for what else he said, about getting gov out of our lives, along with the part of he did it to make history.

I for one when I say something about celebs and getting into politics. I dont deny they have the right. I dont think they have to shut up. They are American Citizens and have just as much right to voice their displeasure or pleasure. Its when people worship or idolize someone only because they are a celeb. Like young girls looking up to Paris Hilton and wanting her life of parties and having sex. I think that is poor examples for our children. I think we should be teaching our children to idolize a heart surgeon, or firefighters for examples.
^^^That's weak. Here are the facts: You don't want celebs talking about their politics if they're endorsing a liberal point of view. Shut up and sing or shut up and act is what you'll get in these cases from conservatives.

But if that celeb is conservative, you want them talking about politics as much as possible and you hang on their every word. Don't make lame excuses and silly explanations for the double standard because the real truth is very transparent.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:34 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,062 times
I voted for O. I'm in the same boat as Gene. I wish I hadn't.

That doesn't mean I would have voted for McCain and YouBetchaWinkWink, however. I would have either stayed home or voted for Megatron. Hell, he couldn't have been any worse.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:39 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Because it is just a stupid reason to vote for Obama. Simmons is far from stupid. Gene is always looking to make more money, don't take my word for it, watch the show and you will understand.
I have watched his show and he is not the only one that has voted for Obama because it would be historical. Just because you think something might be a stupid reason doesnt make it any less true. So can you please prove hes a liar in what he said?

How much money do you think he got by saying that? Could he not promote his show without saying that?

I have seen his show thanks

Old 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
^^^That's weak. Here are the facts: You don't want celebs talking about their politics if they're endorsing a liberal point of view. Shut up and sing or shut up and act is what you'll get in these cases from conservatives.

But if that celeb is conservative, you want them talking about politics as much as possible and you hang on their every word. Don't make lame excuses and silly explanations for the double standard because the real truth is very transparent.
Can you show me where I've said that? I'll be waiting

Please dont pretend like you really know me. Because all I said about idolizing celebs is exactly how I feel.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Bright, shiny, catchy phrases and slogans won out over logic, common sense and that inner voice saying you're making a mistake.

Either that or it was the complete lack of ability of the Republican party to put forward a team worth voting for....

Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
A walking contradiction: On one hand the right bemoan Obama for his "thin resume" then in the next breath they advocate the tea party types because they aren't your everyday garden variety "Washington Insiders."

Congress != the Presidency.

Simple enough for you?

Old 12-06-2010, 02:11 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,062 times
I never hold Obama's "thin resume" against him. It was one of the things I liked about him. Unfortunately, I forgot that he was a Chicago politician, and all that comes with that.

Personally, I'd love to see someone with zero political experience in the seat. Someone that would govern from a perspective of common sense. This will be an unpopular opinion, but frankly, I think Gene Simmons himself would make a pretty good president. He understands money management, public relations, personal responsibility and how to champion or promote a cause.

And if you show me anyone who says they care more about the troops than Gene, I'll show you a liar. Just about the only real thing in his "reality" TV show are those clips where he goes and visits wounded vets or talks to them backstage before a show, etc. The guy chokes up every damn time, and that's as real as it gets.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I never hold Obama's "thin resume" against him. It was one of the things I liked about him. Unfortunately, I forgot that he was a Chicago politician, and all that comes with that.

Personally, I'd love to see someone with zero political experience in the seat. Someone that would govern from a perspective of common sense. This will be an unpopular opinion, but frankly, I think Gene Simmons himself would make a pretty good president. He understands money management, public relations, personal responsibility and how to champion or promote a cause.
Gene Simmons? No thanks. He wasn't even born here. Besides, i don't want to go to war with every country that has 2 citizens that don't like Matzah Ball soup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies