Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 04:24 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
who cares what gene simmons says anyway? his show is mediocre at best, and he isn't really interesting the way the osbournes are. its sort of like, "see, i'm a fire-breathing former madman! now look at my palatial estate and my ordinary problems with my kids!" who cares? its like frosty the snowman saying he doesn't care for gay marriage. yeah?
But Frosty does want gay marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 04:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Well, duh, you voted for a man that didn't come close to being qualified for the job and this is what you get,failure.
And Gene Simmons is qualified to do meaningful poltical commentary, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Stupid reason for voting him in, because he's half black and in the past, some blacks were slaves.
But good for him for speaking up about admitting his mistake.
Well, the smart reasons for voting him in were half the GOP ticket was a tired, fear-mongering old man and the other half was an inept ditz. Thos still apply.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
There is a difference here. Most of the time when some actor, or hollywood player starts talking about politics, it's to influence our decisions.

In this case, he's questioning HIS own decision, and discussing why he made it and why he doesn't believe he made a good choice. He's not attempting to influence others to his way of thinking, he's just discussing what he believes was his own error in judgment.
So what? Why tell us publicly if he isn't trying to influence our thinking?

You guys are just making excuses for this guy after telling us libs since 2001 that actors and singers should just "shut up and act/sing!" Stop it already and just admit to your hypocrisy. Geeez. Ya can't take one on the chin for once?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:44 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
its funny how it takes only two years for people to shout "failure!" when it was obvious our former president was not only ill-equipped, but downright hard of thinking. yet the right wing would scream every time a mistake was unearthed, "its wartime!! you have to support your leader during wartime!"
idiots. the race isn't over. stop screaming failure. it takes more than two years to clean 8 years of mess up. or can't you do the math?
Exactly!!! What has happened to this country did not start in 2009, it takes much longer to destroy a nation from within!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what? Why tell us publicly if he isn't trying to influence our thinking?
He's embarrassed by his vote. He knows it showed a lack of rational thinking that reflects badly on him. Owning up to the mistake and expressing regret is the responsible thing to do.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How much intelligence/wit can one expect from a hard-rocker?
I take offense at that.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
No pity for those of you who were Dupped into voting for Obama, Hope your happy with this great Economy, and heard this morning right now, that Many Many Doctors, are going to leave the medical Field, nice ha, that means less medical care for those of us who are going to need it. Nice Change!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Gene needs to lay off the botox he's starting to look plasticized.

Regarding his statements on politics. He never struck me as a political scholar. I think I have read more than once where Gene's main motivation is usually money, so perhaps he feels that under the Obama administration his income will be reduced from oh...say......$10 million a year to $9.6 million a year.

He has no credibility. And he needs to take those stupid sun glasses off.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I haven't reached the point where I would have voted for someone other than Obama (yet) but unlike the kool-aid drinkers around here I am at least holding him accountable for his unkept promises.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He's embarrassed by his vote. He knows it showed a lack of rational thinking that reflects badly on him. Owning up to the mistake and expressing regret is the responsible thing to do.
He oughta be embarrassed instead by those albums and that hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies