Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,988,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Screw manufacturing.......why work when we can all just sit back and invest in global companies? Let the rest of the world produce everything. We'll be the global investor class? I mean that's the way our country is headed. The exectuvies and share holders keep sucking off all the money from the value created in America over the last 30 years. Oh but but but.......the wealthy are the ones creating all the jobs...........if you tax them so goes the economy???????? Americans......land of the sheep with their heads stuck in the fence. Sad to see what is happening to this once great economic powerhouse of a country.

Over the past 30 years employee compensation as a percentage of corporate revenue has steadily declined, leaving non-executives with an ever smaller share of the value that they create, while funneling an ever growing share of the value created by employees to executives and share holders, whose incomes have exploded over the past 30 years.

The entire mortgage-backed security issue and the sub-prime loans that drove the housing bubble and bust were all engineered by America's wealthiest bankers and financiers, and despite the massive problems caused by these shenanigans, they still profited hugely, in large part due to government bailouts.By choosing to outsource manufacturing and call-center jobs to foreign countries where wages are lower and there are fewer environmental and safety regulations, etc., executives and investors have reaped larger incomes by eliminating American workers and replacing them with lower paid foreign workers while pocketing the difference themselves.
Well said but you left out the bit that if one company does this they get more of a profit if all of the companies do it then they all loose money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
In answer to your question: Prosperity is not based on 'making money' by usury.

Prosperity is the creation, trade and enjoyment of surplus usable goods and services.

Usury (i.e., investment, dividends, interest) is a scam to rob, and has been denounced for over 3500 years. Usurers destroy economies and foment wars.
Here is certainly a great example of those who don't understand the difference between owning stock and owing debt.

The more Americans that know this little about money, the easier it is to get into trouble with it.

With all the educational opportunities available to Americans it always amazes me when people can be this willfully ignorant of the world around them.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
Money, on the other hand, is a dead thing, and does not reproduce.
If I invest $10,000 in a comapnies stock and if in six months to a year later that stock is now valued at $12,000 and I decide to sell it. I just made a $2,000 profit minus taxes.

Money repoduces and if you know what you are doing it reproduces pretty damn good.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:31 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
It is a common mistake to assume that all return on investment is usury.
Usury is the fee, in money, for the loan of money.

If you "invest" in cattle, your return on investment are calves.
If you "invest" in grain, your return on investment is the harvested crop.
These exhibit "natural increase".
Your investment in cattle is primarily based on price of cattle when you brought it and how much you can sell it for when you bring it to market minus whatever expenses you incurred raising the cattle.

Profits are determined by markets and market prices especially for agricultural products are primarily based on supply and demand. In fact the options and futures commodity markets were set up primarily to protect farmers and ranchers from the downside risk of bringing their crops and animals to market.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,043,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If I invest $10,000 in a comapnies stock and if in six months to a year later that stock is now valued at $12,000 and I decide to sell it. I just made a $2,000 profit minus taxes.

Money repoduces and if you know what you are doing it reproduces pretty damn good.
What a stupid over simplification of the stock market, investing, and the overall US economy.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,043,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Here is certainly a great example of those who don't understand the difference between owning stock and owing debt.

The more Americans that know this little about money, the easier it is to get into trouble with it.

With all the educational opportunities available to Americans it always amazes me when people can be this willfully ignorant of the world around them.
You sound just as willfully ignorant with regards to understanding the basic tenets of the federal reserve system, the US economy, and how wealth is created and manipulated. The entire US stock market is based on debt because the entire US economy is based off debt as well. You cannot separate one from the other nor is either mutually exclusive from our debt based monetary system. Sounds to me you understand little about the creation of money yourself or the history of it.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Screw manufacturing.......why work when we can all just sit back and invest in global companies? Let the rest of the world produce everything. We'll be the global investor class? I mean that's the way our country is headed. The exectuvies and share holders keep sucking off all the money from the value created in America over the last 30 years. Oh but but but.......the wealthy are the ones creating all the jobs...........if you tax them so goes the economy???????? Americans......land of the sheep with their heads stuck in the fence. Sad to see what is happening to this once great economic powerhouse of a country.

Over the past 30 years employee compensation as a percentage of corporate revenue has steadily declined, leaving non-executives with an ever smaller share of the value that they create, while funneling an ever growing share of the value created by employees to executives and share holders, whose incomes have exploded over the past 30 years.

The entire mortgage-backed security issue and the sub-prime loans that drove the housing bubble and bust were all engineered by America's wealthiest bankers and financiers, and despite the massive problems caused by these shenanigans, they still profited hugely, in large part due to government bailouts.By choosing to outsource manufacturing and call-center jobs to foreign countries where wages are lower and there are fewer environmental and safety regulations, etc., executives and investors have reaped larger incomes by eliminating American workers and replacing them with lower paid foreign workers while pocketing the difference themselves.
Because the poor would complain that they don't have as many shares as the successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies