Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well....I am a British citizen.

That said,I haven't lived there since the 1980's...and only then for a short time down in Cornwall.
Family were Geordies(look it up) from Newcastle.

So.... you were saying????
Ouch that had to sting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Being an Aussie doesn't grant you British citizenship. It makes you a member of the British Commonwealth (aka a 'Commonwealth Citizen', not a British citizen). I know full well where Cornwall is and the other things you brought up. I also know how the Aussie/US citizenship bit works and how it all ties in with the Commonwealth. You aren't the only one here who's not originally from here...
You are a British citizen by descent if one parent was born in the UK. You are a British citizen by birthright if you were born in the UK prior to 1983 (the 1982 Act got rid of birthright citizenship post 1982).

Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You are a British citizen by descent if one parent was born in the UK. You are a British citizen by birthright if you were born in the UK prior to 1983 (the 1982 Act got rid of birthright citizenship post 1982).
Yup...BOTH parents born in the UK,I was born in Australia,I am a naturalised US citizen.
If I wanted,I could have a drawer full of passports....

Old 12-10-2010, 08:25 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
Quote:
Yup...BOTH parents born in the UK,I was born in Australia,I am a naturalised US citizen.
If I wanted,I could have a drawer full of passports....
Hmmmm International man/woman of mystery

Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the brits found the balls to make tough, unpopular decisions, while our politicians just keep on kicking the can down the road.
The UK decided to go austerity vs the printing press at the last G20.
The US is the last holdout to flood the market with devaluing money.

And Bernake has no intentions of stopping. QEIII has been mentioned.
And Bernake calms the masses with his 100% GUARANTEE that he can prevent inflation.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The UK decided to go austerity vs the printing press at the last G20.
The US is the last holdout to flood the market with devaluing money.

And Bernake has no intentions of stopping. QEIII has been mentioned.
And Bernake calms the masses with his 100% GUARANTEE that he can prevent inflation.
Like his 100% garantee that the Fed would not buy it's own debt? The man is a flat out liar.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Wait until the riots here,even more bread and circuses will be offered to the plebes...
I think processes are being put in place here in anticipation of that happening in the future.

Once they cut off Bernanke's printing press they will have to cut programs.
Not once have I read that any of the social welfare programs will be cut back. SS, medicare are both programs taxpayers pay into.
Welfare, food stamps, government housing, medicaid....not a mention of cuts. But if we go austerity it will HAVE to happen.

What folks remember seeing of the aftermath of Katrina will happen all over the US in the big cities..I have no doubt of that.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Like his 100% garantee that the Fed would not buy it's own debt? The man is a flat out liar.
Yup. He publicly said that and meanwhile proxy banks bought up UST's like no tomorrow(many speculated it was the Fed). Now he's doing it openly..maybe because there's no country left, no proxy left that can do it.

That big bag of tricks he spoke about is really just one trick that he keeps pulling out of that bag....print money.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Wait until the riots here,even more bread and circuses will be offered to the plebes...
This is exactly why they keep printing money and increasing federal entitlement programs. Keep the dependents fat and happy so they can go about their business.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM

228 posts, read 483,150 times
Why don't people do things like that in this country? I wish we had mobs of angry Americans that got together and actually did something instead of sitting around on their lazy asses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies