Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Maybe because it isnt about my own self interest.. Its about whats best for the country. Its greed like yours pulling the country down.. Tell me how this suits your childrens best interest to be saddled with unpayable debt and a nation of poor people depedant upon the country?
Just admit you're just regurgitating left wing propaganda and actually have no idea what you're talking about and same yourself some embarrassment.

So stop being the problem and send your check
to the address below

Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20220
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 11:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
There's no relation between Government spending and "bankrupting us".

European governments are twice the size of the USA in relation to GDP and they running no greater deficits or unemployment rates the we are.

What is "bankrupting us" is failure to pay our bills. Not taxing the wealthy enough and paying absurdly too much for defense.
Have you heard of this thing called "austerity measures" going on in countries throughout Europe as one after another fall on their sword of spending more than they take in ?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Et4TQ-a0gGU/TMlEkkvYx3I/AAAAAAAADUk/EpCEFoe-HCE/s400/EU_unemployment_chart.jpg (broken link)

http://www.newsneconomics.com/2010/1...ving-ever.html

Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Just admit you're just regurgitating left wing propaganda and actually have no idea what you're talking about and same yourself some embarrassment.

So stop being the problem and send your check
to the address below

Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20220
Um.. I couldnt be more right wing if I tried to be.. Ok.. I could suddenly become religious, but the point is, I'm not where close to left wing..

Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. I couldnt be more right wing if I tried to be.. Ok.. I could suddenly become religious, but the point is, I'm not where close to left wing..
Oh My Mistake

Quote:
Right wingers have lost the mental ability to discern what is in their own best interest.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:01 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:
There's no relation between Government spending and "bankrupting us".

European governments are twice the size of the USA in relation to GDP and they running no greater deficits or unemployment rates the we are.

What is "bankrupting us" is failure to pay our bills. Not taxing the wealthy enough and paying absurdly too much for defense.
Not taxing the wealthy, eh? That's funny, because I JUST got paid yesterday, and I can guarantee you a bigger chunk of my paycheck was missing than was yours.

Oh wait, you're one of those pull-cord toys who says "tax the rich!" every time someone asks the question "how do we pay for things?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies