Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times

Advertisements

Good job Foxnews.
That's what we need from all the nmedia ALL the time,
not just 5 minutes every 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
I don't watch much cable news but did catch a little on both Fox and CNN yesterday late in the afternoon about the same time. The Fox report on the pork mentioned some specific spending but did not go into the details as to who it would be for. The CNN report did not go into many specifics but instead went out of it's way just to mention the pork going to McConnell.

If I were to judge both these reports I'd have say the CNN report was just out to slam McConnell and provided very little real information on he pork itself, clearly it was biased. The Fox report at least was sticking to the pork involved and showed no bias what so ever since no politician was specifically named.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Why is CNN biased?
They are exposing the hypocracy of the republicans. Just like Foxnews does with democrats 24/7. Just watch Megan Kelly for 5 minutes.

The reality is that news should inform and expose the facts, not expose what helps one side. Something that Foxnews does 24/7

Old 12-15-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why is CNN biased?
Because they went out of their way to report on one senator instead of reporting the story. They barely even touched on the pork itself besides the fact it's going to be packed to the gills with pork for Democrats.

As far as the hypocrisy goes I don;t consider it hypocritical to make sure the taxpayers you represent get back what is theirs to begin with. As long as pork is being passed around anyone who doesn't go after these funds is being derelict in their duty to represent their constituents. In the meantime I expect them to eliminate all of it no matter who it is going to, if they don't then I have an issue.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
FOX Anchor Confronts GOP Sen. on His $16 Million in Earmarks | The Blaze

Darn Fox News and Glen Becks site for being so darn bias. They are towing the republican line. That is if you listen to many democrats.

When is the last time you seen democrats going after democrats for spending? The only time I see them criticize another democrat is when they arent liberal enough. Heck Joe on Msnbc even called out Msnbc for being bias towards democrats.
This a.m. Monica Crowley on Fox Biz gave a fairly stern condemnation to Republicans supporting earmarks.

So, don't guess she's towing any lines.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
... Republicans supporting earmarks.
I think you need to draw a line between supporting and taking. There was a Representative in a neighboring district that campaigned a few years back on stopping earmarks and pledged not to take them. AFAIK he did just that, great for the country as a whole but now the taxpayers he represents are losing money to other projects elsewhere.

The other issue is separating wasteful earmarks from things that may be appropriate. For example the one eramark they pointed out McConnel had was for road at a military base, generally speaking I don't see what the issue might be but then again I haven't researched this particualr road.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
I agree with Coburn, we need to ban earmarks.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
So Faux news has called out ONE gop'er, how about all the other gop'ers who also stuff this bill with earmarks? Will they call out them?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:02 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Cornyn is the next hypocrite to go.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So Faux news has called out ONE gop'er, how about all the other gop'ers who also stuff this bill with earmarks? Will they call out them?
The news piece I saw on FOX outed the 9 repub senators that stuffed earmarks into the bill. Murkowski and others I don't recall offhand. Each and every one of them ended up voting down the spending bill, thus effectively killing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies