Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:52 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
For all Christmas displays the christians should place heavily armed guards that have 'shoot to kill' orders for anyone who dares to mess with a Christmas display. God Ble$$ America!
Someone would try to steal the Baby Jesus from the crib.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:02 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
All federal buildings should be neutral in terms of religion.
Why are there so many people who want to turn the US into a Christian Iran kind of country?

I am already so tired of all that Christmas crap. Poor employees everywhere, they have to listen to jingle bells and red-nosed rudolph ad nauseum. One more week to go and we've killed the beast for this year
Not quite. The Feds have reversed their decision. Christmas is back in the bank!

After National Outcry, Fed Reverses Anti-Christian Bank Decision in OK | The Blaze

Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Sad enough that they yield to the Christian mob...

Old 12-18-2010, 12:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
People seem to have not gotten the latest word. THE FEDS HAVE RESPONDED TO THE NATIONAL OUTCRY - THEY HAVE REVERSED THEIR DECISION!!! The Oklahoma Bank may once again wear their Christmas Buttons, etc.

America - Keep Speaking Up! It works!!!

(Keep the internet free. Without the National Outcry, this probably wouldn't have happened!)
The best part of this whole thing is that Congressmen got the Fed to reverse their silly rule. The libs hereabouts are very unhappy about this one and I am very happy to see it happen this way.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Someone would try to steal the Baby Jesus from the crib.
I didn't notice any mention of a nativity scene in the link. Do you think that maybe someone is throwing in some extra noise?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Why was the rule made in the first place? It seems to me that it was yielding to the possibility that some Muslim might wander into town and take offense. I think it is time to check the last census and see how many Muslims live in Perkins.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Nobody wants to see a bank burn down anymore than they would want to see a church burn down.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 PM

1,224 posts, read 4,000,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why was the rule made in the first place? It seems to me that it was yielding to the possibility that some Muslim might wander into town and take offense. I think it is time to check the last census and see how many Muslims live in Perkins.
Which begs the question- How many logical thinkers might wander into Perkins? Wonder what the last census had to say about that one.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:39 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
The article mentioned Jews too but I guess they're not your personal bete noire, eh?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
I didn't notice any mention of a nativity scene in the link. Do you think that maybe someone is throwing in some extra noise?
Well, why not? If they got bibles, shouldn't a nice nativity scene next to the accounts payable window be appropriate? If they were really smart, they would put blank deposit slips in the back of the bibles for everyone to use.

Sorry Roy, In the end I really don't care what a bank in west Podunk does during the Christmas season but I do think it's very "cheezy" for a bank and the birth of Christ to find common ground. It cheapens a very good and wonderful religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies