Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunadash View Post
<snip>He teaches you what to know, and how to think - how to see past the masquerade.
I feel sorry for you if you need someone to teach you those things....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,327,483 times
A 'racist' these days is just someone who's winning an argument with a liberal.

Just wait long enough and, when they've finally run out of rope, they'll just say "Well, you know what you are? You're just a racist! A hater! That's what you are, Mr. Bigot!!"

You could just about set your watch by it.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I have always liked Rush! So glad he is still on air and hope he stays so for a long time.

I agree with you, people should not be that quick to judge others, but boy even on this forum they jump the gun, and think if you don't think as they do, or believe as they do, something is mighty wrong with you. HE like some others, may take time to listen to, but as with any other, there will be things he says we agree with and some we willl not. Does not mean he is a jerk, i think he is very compassionate about his topics, and truthfully means what he is telling us. There is something about him, and not sutpidity, he is truthfully relaying a message to us, and some don't like it. As with any other in his bolt, we always must sift thru any information given us.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:00 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Anyone who ticks off that many ignorant liberals is A OK in my book, I really don't care what he says to do it and I don't listen to his show.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I consider myself a middle of the road type. Can vote for a dem or repub. Can get behind dem or repub issues. I disagree with Rush on the majority of things, but agree with him on some.

Those that say he is some rambling talentless idiot though are jealous in my opinion and only think with the heart, and not with the brain.

He is very talented, and I know why they paid him 250 mill to keep him on. He is very flamboyant which makes him more entertaining then other hosts ive heard.
He's talented at what he does. Sometimes he even makes me laugh. But if i want to listen to a conservative on radio (and i do fairly often), i'd rather listen to someone who challenges my liberalism. Rush doesn't. Not even one bit. He's never even given me a second thought. I become MORE LIBERAL after listening to him.

I personally like Mike Medved or Mike McConnell,...smart conservatives....they've made me change my mind on a few occasions. Limbaugh just leaves me cold.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:06 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunadash View Post
No doubt you would. Heck, your probably do it now for free.

Thank God, Rush isn't like you, though, and sticks to the facts in the greatest of all-american traditions.

You really should back away from facism - it's bad for you as millions of dead Germans and Italians can attest.
Guess you forgot or don't know about his drug-using days and his hiprocracy regarding what should happen to drug users. All drugies but himself, that is.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:10 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,327,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Guess you forgot or don't know about his drug-using days and his hiprocracy regarding what should happen to drug users. All drugies but himself, that is.
I'll bet he's a sight more compassionate toward the naively addicted now. Bear in mind, Rush got hooked on opiates due to severe back pain brought on by his one time morbid obesity (his weight is much more under control now.) This is in sharp contradistinction to someone who pops a few pills in search of a high. When you get to the level Limbaugh was when he was at his worst he was no longer getting any pleasure at all from the opiates. At that point he was just avoiding withdrawal pain. In the end it cost him his sense of hearing, a pretty heavy price.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,687 times
Remember libs used to call him a homophobe?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I'll bet he's a sight more compassionate toward the naively addicted now. Bear in mind, Rush got hooked on opiates due to severe back pain brought on by his one time morbid obesity (his weight is much more under control now.) This is in sharp contradistinction to someone who pops a few pills in search of a high. When you get to the level Limbaugh was when he was at his worst he was no longer getting any pleasure at all from the opiates. At that point he was just avoiding withdrawal pain. In the end it cost him his sense of hearing, a pretty heavy price.
Doctor shopping is a crime. Illegal drug use is illegal drug use. He knew what he was doing. And he could easily have afforded to go to a very high-end drug rehab center to deal with his addiction BEFORE he had to buy the drug on the streets.........because his doctor would no longer prescribe for him. Rush had preached about the evils of illegal drug use for a LONG TIME........he knew what he needed to do....but rather CHOSE to continue using oxy illegally until, as you say, his hearing was severely impaired. Hyprocrite is the word that comes to mind.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:27 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Pay me the amount of money you're paying him and I will spew semi-fascist rhetoric for a living...
See. That type of thinking is wrong and is what is wrong with America. It doesn't work that way

He started out years ago, decades in fact and worked hard on his skills. Earning very little money. But he loved what he did. Once he started to get ratings, his earnings increased.

Very few people on earth have risen to the pinnacle of success in their field as Rush has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies