Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
Tucker is just taking the opportunity to grab some headlines. Score one more for drive-by media and sound-bite news.
Apparently it worked...as is evidenced by the starting of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
And?

I would agree with his assessment.
^^ Ditto

Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Though I agree that execution is extreme, it certainly wouldn't have bothered me one bit if he had been for what he did.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
"Conservative FOX News commentator Tucker Carlson thinks that Michael Vick(notes) should have been executed for running an illegal dogfighting ring. Carlson made the stunning comment while guest-hosting Sean Hannity's show on Tuesday. The topic was Barack Obama's phone call to Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie"

Video: FOX News analyst thinks Vick should have been 'executed' - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports
I'd be willing to bet that there were many many people who felt this way. Dog owners come to mind.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
It wasn't always this way. At one point there was actually honor and virtue when it came to reporting the news. Now it's all about ratings. The dumbing down of America continues unabated.
The reporting of news long ago was the beginning of the dumbing down. Twenty minutes a day of news pablum does not inform a nation.

And biased news, regardless of the 'age' or source does not constitute any honor or virtue.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Obviously, the canine rights of dogs are superior to the individual, especially if that individual is human.

If we don't nip it in the bud, we might have people (shudder) eating dogs!

[/sarcasm]
Being human as an adult includes the ability to behave in a humane manner. Vick failed on that level, repeatedly. Do I believe he deserved to be executed? No. Do I believe he should have been bound in such a manner he was unable to defend himself and left to the abused pit bulls on his property to be mauled however the dogs were so inclined: yes, actually, I do.

Frankly, I don't see Carleson's statement as any more shocking than some of the garbage that comes out of the mouths of Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, or Keith Olbermann on a regular basis.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM

7,811 posts, read 6,389,895 times
I agree with Tucker, but only because Vick plays for the Eagles and I'm a Giants fan.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
"Conservative FOX News commentator Tucker Carlson thinks that Michael Vick(notes) should have been executed for running an illegal dogfighting ring. Carlson made the stunning comment while guest-hosting Sean Hannity's show on Tuesday. The topic was Barack Obama's phone call to Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie"

Video: FOX News analyst thinks Vick should have been 'executed' - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports
well not executed...but at east penned up and treated like he treated the poor abused starving dogs

vick may be a great football player (I'll give him that), but he is one of the worst examples of a human, as a role model

Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I agree with Tucker, but only because Vick plays for the Eagles and I'm a Giants fan.
does Philly even have a team????

Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Non-story. Tucker is just looking to make some noise. I can't image anybody's ratings being lower than MSNBC's bigoted duo of Olberman/Maddow but maybe Tucker needs the publicity?

Personally I think a better comeuppance would be for Vick to be mauled by a gang of wild pitbulls. sic 'im!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies