Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:26 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

I was shocked to hear that the minister of no information aka Gibsey was leaving. Bush lost some staffers too. I have not kept up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
You do realize that many of these staff are shifting to better serve Obama for the campaign right? Obama's also wisely realigning his administration to better work with the new Congress.

Of course, you're going to interpret all of it as rats leaving sinking ships or something like that because of your inherent bias, but the reality is that Obama's future has never looked brighter than it does today. He knew he needed to pander to the liberals for the first two years and use them to get his more liberal work through, and knew all along he would be dealing with at least a split congress after midterms (telling that only 1 house shifted power). His true strengths as a centrist collaborator have already emerged in the lameduck and will likely only get better.

Watch the rise of a great president - greatest gift he had was Republicans getting a little power back.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You do realize that many of these staff are shifting to better serve Obama for the campaign right? Obama's also wisely realigning his administration to better work with the new Congress.

Of course, you're going to interpret all of it as rats leaving sinking ships or something like that because of your inherent bias, but the reality is that Obama's future has never looked brighter than it does today. He knew he needed to pander to the liberals for the first two years and use them to get his more liberal work through, and knew all along he would be dealing with at least a split congress after midterms (telling that only 1 house shifted power). His true strengths as a centrist collaborator have already emerged in the lameduck and will likely only get better.

Watch the rise of a great president - greatest gift he had was Republicans getting a little power back.
Um yeah and I believe that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 PM

That made me gag. Obama makes Jimmy Carter look good. This POTUS has shamed America in international venues. No foreign head of state would ever respect a POTUS who goes on an international US apology tour.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Then why did so many leave BEFORE the reps took back control?

Can you say Van Jones and a few others?

Nice try.

Obama would not change anything if it meant for the better of America.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:45 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post

That made me gag. Obama makes Jimmy Carter look good. This POTUS has shamed America in international venues. No foreign head of state would ever respect a POTUS who goes on an international US apology tour.

Obama does pretty well...overseas. I was glad to see him apologizing for the Bushbarian Reign of Terror.

I bought several bottles of liquor and resolved to stay in a 6 month buzz while that admin wound down. Didn't work and I gave some of the bottles away.

I'm mostly right of the Republicrat party....just concerned about truth.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM

I think the whole awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize was a punk on America by the international community. Seriously, if Obama had a shred of dignity he would have refused the award.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:57 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Actually neither.

Clinton lost many of his staffers by odd deaths.

Suicides, plane crashes etc.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Actually neither.

Yeah, I forgot about that whole logistically impossible gunshot to the head by Vince Foster.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:03 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Actually neither.
Yeah. Odd is a good way of saying it.
Or possibly suspicious deaths. Dubious circumstances. . .

Let's watch and see what happens in Mr. O's administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies