Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You do realize that fellow C-D posters have made statements wishing violent deaths of RW talk show hosts...?
NO. And that's inappropriate as well. I think anyone urging people to kill another human being should be investigated by law enforcement and/or FBI. Maybe you could point me in the direction of those posts wishing violent deaths of RW talk show hosts? I know it's illegal to threaten the life of the President, and I think that's true of judges as well.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:30 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,924,374 times
I would respect the tea party movement if it wasn't full of ignorant people that keep preaching about the constitution, yet have never read it or lack understanding of how it works in regards to the judicial and legislative branches of government. You can't just make a platform of something because it sounds good..with total disregard of what really can be done constitutionally.
Whether Conservatives like it or not the United States Constitution is a progressive document. It was when it was created, and continues to be today because of it's design.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I think we all agree the violence was wrong. However, this has been building..from Palin's gun sights, to the tea party "patriots" insistence on carrying guns to healthcare town meetings, to a Rand Paul thug stomping on a woman's head. Something was going to happen sooner or later.

Sure Loughner is a nut case...and sometimes someone like that just needs a little help to send them over the edge..
What about the one from the democratic map? You seem to be fine with that.

How can you not realize that your own tone is inciting acts of violence.

We have a right to own a gun in this country. Not everyone that owns one kills a single person.

I can sit here and point out many many many acts of violence from the left and that will solve what? What exactly is that going to accomplish? Is that going to actually do something to fight the acts of violence? NO

I am a tea party member and I am here to tell you I have never in my life committed an act of violence. I do not own a gun but I do believe that people have the right to own a gun. I can sit here and point out many acts of violence against me from being a tea party member while attending events.

So I hope that one day you stop sitting here and pretending that only the right is violent. That you actually stand up and want to do something to fight the violence instead of passing the blame and ignoring it till it suits you not to. IN order to try and help a political party

Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Waianaegirl !!!! ... Precisely !

Indeed many of these looney left misfits are the most acutely destructive crew known to inhabit U.S. soil and they most definitely appear to have
an overwhelming agenda to eliminate anything and everything that involves the perpetuation of a strong, proud, and free traditional America !!!

How absolutely unfortune and tragic was the cowardly shooting of these good folks ! Remember them in your prayers !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
We have been cool as heck but even this post is not helpful.

This insulting others calling them names is not helping matters.

We can sit here and do this tit for tat all day long but some of us needs to step up and lead by example. Calling for us to respect each other enough to not resort to insulting someone simply because they do not agree with our politics. Then and maybe only then we can actually fight what is causing the violence and threats of violence

Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
We have been cool as heck but even this post is not helpful.

This insulting others calling them names is not helping matters.

We can sit here and do this tit for tat all day long but some of us needs to step up and lead by example. Calling for us to respect each other enough to not resort to insulting someone simply because they do not agree with our politics. Then and maybe only then we can actually fight what is causing the violence and threats of violence
Bravo, Jadex.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What is the relevence of her party affiliation? Isn't it enough to say she was an idiot to say such a thing? The polarization continues apace.
I wonder if the left even remembers when Alec Baldwin was on the Late Night with Conan O’Brien show, and screamed like a mad man:

"I am thinking to myself in other countries they are laughing at us twenty four hours a day and I’m thinking to myself if we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, [starts to shout] all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I’m not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families."

Guess that was fairly non sequitur for libs.

I could not find this on YouTube, guess they scrubbed it. There is a fuzzy video at the link below

Media Research Center CyberAlert -- 12/15/1998 -- Worried Clinton Out of Time

Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,924,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist2012 View Post
"If we stuck to the Constitution as written, we would have: no federal meddling in our schools; no Federal Reserve; no U. S. membership in the U.N.; no gun control; and no foreign aid. We would have no welfare for big corporations, or the "poor"; No American troops in 100 foreign countries; no NAFTA, GATT, or "fast-track"; no arrogant federal judges usurping states rights; no attacks on private property; and no income tax. We can get rid of most of the cabinet departments, most of the agencies, and most of the budget. The government would be small, frugal, and limited." —CONGRESSMAN RON PAUL
we would also go back socially and economically to that of 1776...if we stuck to the constitution as originally written of course...
This is the ignorance I can't have a lot of respect for...
While such a statement by ron paul sounds great.. the ramifications of the reality are MUCH different..

Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I think we all agree the violence was wrong. However, this has been building..from Palin's gun sights, to the tea party "patriots" insistence on carrying guns to healthcare town meetings, to a Rand Paul thug stomping on a woman's head. Something was going to happen sooner or later.

Sure Loughner is a nut case...and sometimes someone like that just needs a little help to send them over the edge..
It was a person who stomped on that lunatic woman. Rand Paul had nothing to do with it. That's the problem with these silly posts. There is a certain segment of our society that doesn't believe in personal responsibility. We see it in the posts that refuse to hold a person responsible for their actions but instead blame others for inciting that action. Why it's not that persons fault, those big bad people made that person do that.
It's not that persons fault they can't budget themselves, so lets steal money from the ones that do. And since that's not enough let's print up more money like drunken solders and reward the irresponsible ones. baaaaa went the sheep.

When the ones people support have horrible policies that continue to fail and bring economic ruin upon our country the only thing to fall back on is unfounded lies and absurd accusations of racism. What does that tell you about those people? It's time to wake up and quit blaming others. If you want to know who is responsible look at the voting records of the ones voted into office. Quit going back to the poisonous well.

lower the debt, reduce the size of government

Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
we would also go back socially and economically to that of 1776...if we stuck to the constitution as originally written of course...
This is the ignorance I can't have a lot of respect for...
While such a statement by ron paul sounds great.. the ramifications of the reality are MUCH different..
lol What an ignorant, misguided statement. Because you say so we should believe it? YES WE CAN! Please show proof that we would go back to 1776 socially and economically.

You may think people are stupid and don't evolve but I don't. I do know people and society do not evolve through the use of force and coercion. When Congress continues to look out for people through the use of force, the people suffer. THAT is reality.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,558,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
And it was a left winger that shot the Congress woman, and many others. It's the hate talk from the left that gets these people going so much that they actually do kill people.
and where did you get this info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies