Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times

Advertisements

I found a blog from a conservative who is no fan of Sarah Palin. He is even critical of her "target" campaigns. He believes that Palin uses the most right wing symbolism such as guns, killing animals etc. which explains why the conservatives have such passion for her and liberals have intense hatred. Yet he argues all this emotion is miguided on both sides because despite the symbolism she is actually a liberal! Agree or disagree you have to admit this is a different take on her than we normally see.

Appalling behavior by Republicans that gave the lying left an opening to blame the Tucson mass murder on Republicans and conservatives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Appalling behavior by Republicans that gave the lying left an opening to blame the Tucson mass murder on Republicans and conservative

The title goes around in as many circles as the article. It is just too much explanation of nothing.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Appalling behavior by Republicans that gave the lying left an opening to blame the Tucson mass murder on Republicans and conservative

The title goes around in as many circles as the article. It is just too much explanation of nothing.
My thoughts exactly .......another one of those supposed "staunch conservatives" speaking out against Palin! yaaaaaawn.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I found a blog from a conservative who is no fan of Sarah Palin. He is even critical of her "target" campaigns. He believes that Palin uses the most right wing symbolism such as guns, killing animals etc. which explains why the conservatives have such passion for her and liberals have intense hatred. Yet he argues all this emotion is miguided on both sides because despite the symbolism she is actually a liberal! Agree or disagree you have to admit this is a different take on her than we normally see.

Appalling behavior by Republicans that gave the lying left an opening to blame the Tucson mass murder on Republicans and conservatives

I am very conservative and do not care for Palin. However, I think that the dems suggesting that she may have fomented the killing in Arizona is insane.

I do find the left's obsession with Palin interesting. She appears to be the new boogyman of the left and has replaced Dick Cheney as the source of all evil in the universe (at least in thier minds).

Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
what office does she hold? Why should we care?

Honestly...the more the libs harp on her, the more I want to see her succeed just to spite them.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Honestly...the more the libs harp on her, the more I want to see her succeed just to spite them.
Great point. Exactly!

Why do they fear her so much. It is funny when you think about it.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
You all realize that this maniac's obsession with Gifford's started in 2007, right?

That was long before Palin was on the national stage.

I'm sure that this fact will be omitted by the left, just as the fact that the Communist Manifesto was ignored when they spoke about the books that he had.

The left will change history when convenient.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
What was with the "blood libel" phrase in her statement?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Great point. Exactly!

Why do they fear her so much. It is funny when you think about it.
The only liberals you should fear are the ones who fear Sarah Palin. Beucause to fear someone with that little support, is kind of stupid.

I'm pretty liberal - not totally, but kinda sorta - and I think she's great entertainment. Does she have answers to problems? No, but she can sure point 'em out quick.

How has Sarah Changed you?

There is a plan for this world and that plan is for good

Q: You said recently, in your old church, “Our national leaders are sending US soldiers on a task that is from God.” Are we fighting a holy war?

A: You know, I don’t know if that was my exact quote.
Q: Exact words.
A: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln’s words. I would never presume to know God’s will. What Abraham Lincoln had said was: Let us not pray that God is on our side in a war or any other time, but let us pray that we are on God’s side. That’s what that comment was al about.
Q: I take your point about Lincoln’s words, but you went on & said, “There is a plan and it is God’s plan.” A: I believe that there is a plan for this world and that plan for this world is for good. I believe that there is great hope and great potential for every country to be able to live and be protected with inalienable rights that I believe are God-given, and I believe that those are the rights to life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That, in my world view, is the grand plan.

Sarah Palin on Principles & Values

Ghenghis Khan had a world plan. IT was for good. Ghenghis Khan's good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan

Don't read too deep into Ghenghis Khan's history. He was a brutal son of a ________. His armies made the movie SAW look like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:15 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

So you hate the libs so much you trust her to "succeed" to spite them

Interesting.

And you would trust her with- what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies