Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
What do you think his "agenda" was, specifically?
About the same as yours.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM

72 posts, read 193,506 times
I do not believe in guns, never did, never will. Brings me back to my childhood when I was absolutely appalled that my father went hunting, HORRIBLE. What irritates me even more are the people that keep guns in the homes where there are children, and people with mental issues. NO ONE who has mental issues, depression, or ANY of that should own a gun, and I don't believe they should be around children. Don't give me this crap about your rights either. I know personally the horror of guns, and to defend them as your right is just plain ignorant. They fall in the wrong people's hands over and over again.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
It's interesting how quickly McCarthy is promising to trot out new legislation. Makes a person wonder how long she's been sitting on it waiting for an excuse to introduce it.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:41 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelamb3 View Post
I do not believe in guns, never did, never will. Brings me back to my childhood when I was absolutely appalled that my father went hunting, HORRIBLE. What irritates me even more are the people that keep guns in the homes where there are children, and people with mental issues. NO ONE who has mental issues, depression, or ANY of that should own a gun, and I don't believe they should be around children. Don't give me this crap about your rights either. I know personally the horror of guns, and to defend them as your right is just plain ignorant. They fall in the wrong people's hands over and over again.
You are entitled to YOUR opinion...As I am

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime,
they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
If there is any doubt, I think it this will erase it. This guy is purely political and a disgrace.
Wow! This is no cop. There is an ongoing investigation for crap sake! If that moron keeps running his trap the nut-case will walk. Whether those folks he serves agree with his politics or not, they need to really re-evaluate their choice to put a partisan politico who puts his own interests ahead of the investigation in the position.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Nothing. Did he have a car though?
Should there be some sort of mental evaluation to own a car?
Do you see how what you would like to see is impossible without some VERY invasive laws.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
ETA: I even think the military REALLY dropped the ball. When they evaluated him and rejected him, I think they had a responsibility to notify authorities.

Oops, wrong post, but it can go here too.
Privacy laws meant they couldn't....do you want to abolish medical privacy laws?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
If there was any question where this guy was coming from this should erase it. He is purely political and frankly disgusting.

Megyn Kelly Debates Arizona Sheriff | Political Rhetoric | Mediaite

Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

It is also true, by all evidence, that the shooter is a "nut job". But that doesn't mean his actions occurred in a vacuum. That young man was politically active, however spastically. He was able to walk into a store and buy a gun with an extended magazine, and he planned and carried out an attempted assasination of a US Congressperson whose district was marked by gunsight cross-hairs on a map on Sarah Palin's website.

There are political and socialogical implications to this tragedy that are national, not just confined to Arizona.
Had the Sheriff stated we should re-examine our gun laws, I would have at least understood those remarks but I fail to see how bigotry and discrimination played a significant if any type of role in this killing and didn't feel like his comments merited that.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Do you think the Sheriff may have had access to the suspect, and/or may have been involved in questioning him, or involved in the investigation and had/has more knowledge about the incident than someone who was not on the "inside" had, therefore in a more knowledgeable position to know what he was talking about?
Perhaps but he essentially admitted he knew little about the suspect at the time he made those remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies