Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not so fast:

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"-Mark Twain
And Mark Twain and Sarah Palin have WHAT in common?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If she's smart she'll ride her caribou off into the sunset and get out of the public eye.
She's not finished milking the gravy train she's on for all its worth.

She LOVES the spotlight and attention and she LOVES the money. She is living her dream.

She's not leaving the public stage until she's literally dragged off kicking and screaming either by her own narcissistic self destruction of the public simply gets tired of her.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
She's not finished milking the gravy train she's on for all its worth.

She LOVES the spotlight and attention and she LOVES the money. She is living her dream.

She's not leaving the public stage until she's literally dragged off kicking and screaming either by her own narcissistic self destruction of the public simply gets tired of her.
Unfortunately, true. But the poster did say "if she's smart," so the poster was correct.

The good news is that I don't have to turn on Fox News so it's not like I'll have to listen to her running for office.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Even though she still will have some fantatical admirers, I think the controversy swirling around her will hasten her decline in influence. Forget her running for President.
Why should she run for President? The job only pays $400,000 a year. She now gets about $100,000 a speech plus her contract with Fox News, her own reality show and other sources of income i.e. books etc. Sarah Palin is raking in millions and she has NO ACCOUNTABILITY to voters.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Lets hope no-one takes your hate filled rhetoric to heart and attempts harm against Palin or her supporters....
I did not see a threat in the post you're referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I disagree. This thing is going to haunt her forever. And if Gabby doesn't pull through (they say she is not out of the woods yet and this morning I heard they are talking in terms of years of recovery) it is only going to get worse. IOW, I don't think she has that option (the political route) anymore.
While it's too soon to know how fully Gabby will recover, I've worked with people with head injuries, and it stands to reason if a bullet goes through your head, you're going to have some residual problems.

I do not blame this shooting on Sarah, but her own "shoot from the hip" style is now in question. These metaphors are no longer funny or cute. (They never were in my opinion.)

Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times
JazzTallGuy, you're right, but I think her ego had become so swollen, she was considering a run for the job.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
While it's too soon to know how fully Gabby will recover, I've worked with people with head injuries, and it stands to reason if a bullet goes through your head, you're going to have some residual problems.

I do not blame this shooting on Sarah, but her own "shoot from the hip" style is now in question. These metaphors are no longer funny or cute. (They never were in my opinion.)
I agree with everything you say and my gut tells me the Drs are not saying everything they could. At first it was months to recover and now they are using the years word. This makes me very sad. This poor woman (and the others killed and wounded) did not deserve this and it's creepy that she even foretold of this (alluding to the crosshairs map and that sort of language having conseqences).

On a purely selfish note, AZ needs more Gabbys and my fear is that Brewer will now appoint that tea partier who almost won the election to take her place.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I view Palin has even stronger support, in her view of the nation and the direction in which we need to take, to get back on track.

The spin of a tragedy, fits right in with the Progressive rule, of never letting a crisis go to waste.
And yet you say that Palin has even stronger support ...meaning SHE benefitted from this tragedy....

Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Even though she still will have some fantatical admirers, I think the controversy swirling around her will hasten her decline in influence. Forget her running for President.
Actually I believe that she will run, all the attention on her now will probaly make her want to get back into politics. She will want to show that she is not scared by all the rhetoric. Just my opinion.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
And Mark Twain and Sarah Palin have WHAT in common?
Nothing...Twain was literate and intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies