Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely. Totally inappropriate, tasteless.

It was really disgusting.
I agree, as I've already explained on the other thread. But I don't blame Obama for the crowd's bad behavior.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 PM

182 posts, read 130,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I agree, as I've already explained on the other thread. But I don't blame Obama for the crowd's bad behavior.
It's the liberals that showed up that were the problem.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:20 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
I know, I'm so sick of the partisan, divisive rhetoric of our evil overlord HUSSEIN Obama. I can think of nothing more disgusting and likely to tear our country apart than the phrase "Together We Thrive". Tonight was a disgusting display of self-aggrandizement and egocentrism by our Communist in Chief. Speaking in front of the country like that! Why is everything about HIM?
Hmm..... even the FOX commentators had nothing but praise for President Obama's remarks - actually, superlative praise. You, dunks, are part the problem in this country today. If you don't like a person's beliefs, you assign negative attributes to everything that person does. This was one of President Obama's much better moments. Sorry your objectivity is obstructed by your predetermination to dislike.

ETA: I have since been informed dunks was using humor - which, unfortunately, often goes right over my head. But for those who really agree with dunks' comments, my remarks stand.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 01-12-2011 at 09:40 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:

No, what is totally tasteless and disgusting is how some people can call so easily label this memorial as tasteless and disgusting. Do you think it was orchestrated by the Democratic party? Is that where all the hate is coming from? This town obviously needed and wanted the kind of memorial event that they had and took part in. Those were local people mostly that you are putting down and dishonoring. They were both celebrating the lives of those who died and the heroism of those who stepped up to the plate the day of the shooting. Sorry that offends you.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-12-2011 at 09:04 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:

I take it you enjoyed it.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Hmm..... even the FOX commentators had nothing but praise for President Obama's remarks - actually, superlative praise. You, dunks, are part the problem in this country today. If you don't like a person's beliefs, you assign negative attributes to everything that person does. This was one of President Obama's much better moments. Sorry your objectivity is obstructed by your predetermination to dislike.
Crazy me, I forget sarcasm doesn't work on this message board.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
OMG, they "branded" the murder incident.
"Together We Thrive"

Is there anything this administration won't put a label upon?
President and Mrs. Obama to Visit UA Campus Wednesday | UANews.org
Oh no!!! You mean someone didn't try to keep stroking the flames of division in this country?

Today, Sarah Palin tried to stroke the flames of division and failed miserably.

President, yes, President Obama unified.

It just gets all over some people.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM

4,081 posts, read 5,610,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
I know, I'm so sick of the partisan, divisive rhetoric of our evil overlord HUSSEIN Obama. I can think of nothing more disgusting and likely to tear our country apart than the phrase "Together We Thrive". Tonight was a disgusting display of self-aggrandizement and egocentrism by our Communist in Chief. Speaking in front of the country like that! Why is everything about HIM?
Great Sarcasm.

Quote:

Pretty good sarcasm?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
I, too, thought the cheering after every sentence was very peculiar and inappropriate and diminished the gravity of the event. The President gave a great speech, not fully appreciated because of these strange cheers.

But, like Wayland said, it must have been what the people of Tucson needed tonight. Although it was held on a college campus, so that accounts for some of it, too. Kids.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:35 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,665 times
You heal your way and allow others to heal theirs. If you tell someone that they are not following healing etiquette they will never heal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies