Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
If it was a controlled demolition why did it start to collapse right around the area where the plane hit?
That's a pretty good question. Was the entire building rigged so they could detonate charges on just the right floors? Nothing's impossible in Trutherland, I guess. (Imagine one of the planes crashing before it hit its target. Now we have a 110-story building wired for demolition and a hell of an explanation problem...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 10:33 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Had those two planes hit only the very tops of the WTC towers, say only the top 6 floors and then collapsed, I could understand some conjecture about if they were rigged for demolition.

The energy stored above the actual plane's impact zones is what caused them to collapse.

That combined with the fact that the two towers were designed in a cantilever style construction as well as having been built at a time when cost was a factor (less steel and thinner steel with just the right amount of tensile strength to do the job it was meant to do) is what caused them to collapse.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's a pretty good question. Was the entire building rigged so they could detonate charges on just the right floors? Nothing's impossible in Trutherland, I guess. (Imagine one of the planes crashing before it hit its target. Now we have a 110-story building wired for demolition and a hell of an explanation problem...)
That reminds me of WTC 7.

Coincidence?

Or, was it the devastating result of the law of propinquity, as has been stated over and over again.

Good girl, bad girl = bad girl, bad girl. Hey, it works as an explanation for the neural spread of crazy-assed prions.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Those films would make a great reality series :I would bet.But the there is not enough airtime or people to screen them.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh no not the 'operation northwoods' falacy

northwoood was one of THOUSANDS of POSSIBLE IDEAS thought of by ANALYSTS and planners to deal with the cuban missiile crisis

the plan was REJECTED
Did you even bother to LOOK at the memo itself that was from the Joint Chiefs of Staff and SIGNED OFF by the Joint Chiefs of Staffs?

It was presented to McNamara and shot down. At times I wonder if Kennedy wasn't killed in part because of his refusal to stoop to such tactics.

And it isn't a fallacy when it's in black and white in front of your face! Like the memo you did not even look at!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:34 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
The droning voice of the Narrator reminds me of the movies in science class where they put everyone to sleep.....

Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Speaking of which...the BBC reported that WTC7 collapsed 20 some minutes in advance of it actually collapsing.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please

total BS

Debunking 911 Conspiracy Theories and Controlled Demolition Homepage

Journal Of Debunking* 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

http://www.debunk911myths.org/

Peer reviewed papers and articles on how the towers collapsed..

Engineers Explain WTC Collapse
ArchitectureWeek - News - Engineers Explain WTC Collapse - 2002.0529

Report Ties WTC Collapses to Column Failures
McGraw-Hill Construction | ENR - Research May Never Pinpoint Sequence of Events on 9/11

IT WAS THE FIRE, CAUSED THE TWIN TOWER COLLAPSE - icivilengineer.com
http://www.icivilengineer.com/News/WTC/Fire.html

To which I say...

Debunking the Debunkers by Dave vonKleist

I have 1400 engineers and architects and 220 high ranking military and government officials who apparently disagree with your "debunkers."

Old 01-15-2011, 12:48 PM

Oh, and the transcript of the actual interview with Andreas Von Bulow is out there on the Net (I heard the actual interview and it's been pulled from this site below where I heard it), but it's fascinating. If anyone is interested, I'll post the interview with Der Spiegel which has now been translated into English.

Former German Minister Says Building 7 Used To Run 9/11 Attack

Old 01-15-2011, 12:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, and the transcript of the actual interview with Andreas Von Bulow is out there on the Net (I heard the actual interview and it's been pulled from this site below where I heard it), but it's fascinating. If anyone is interested, I'll post the interview with Der Spiegel which has now been translated into English.

Former German Minister Says Building 7 Used To Run 9/11 Attack
Spoliation upon spoliation. Will it ever stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies