Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
How about some links? Let's see, you think there have been those types of killings in Japan, China and Australia......and maybe ONE in North Carolina. Funny, I don't remember hearing about those incidents. Again, can you find some links for that information?
Those links have already been provided in very recent threads. Are you unable to look them up yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It's obvious you don't understand the origin of the second amendment. The second part of your statement is pontificating nonsense.
The founding fathers of our nation could never have imagined how their words could be twisted to suit the needs of those potentially violent members of our current society. IMO!

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Are you talking about a fully automatic weapon? They aren't hard to come by at all, when was the last time you heard of someone using one to commit a crime?
I'm talking about specifically a machine gun. They are not hard to come by, you say?

I'd think that if they were easy to come by, we would have very likely seen a machine gun in use recently.

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
How about some links? Let's see, you think there have been those types, INTENTIONAL KILLINGS, murders, (not accidents) in Japan, China and Australia......and maybe ONE in North Carolina. Funny, I don't remember hearing about those incidents. Again, can you find some links for that information
Did you ignore my post where I listed 3 links which were the first 3 that popped up in Google?

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
How about some links? Let's see, you think there have been those types, INTENTIONAL KILLINGS, murders, (not accidents) in Japan, China and Australia......and maybe ONE in North Carolina. Funny, I don't remember hearing about those incidents. Again, can you find some links for that information
I am sorry you are ignorant of such matters....
Here is one in Chapel Hill NC
Iran Native Drives Through Crowd on UNC-Chapel Hill Campus

Old 01-15-2011, 09:37 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Good thing the OP didn't have a poll,they would be bitterly disappointed to see their views are the minority....

Old 01-15-2011, 09:38 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Japan knife killings: Alleged killer Tomohiro Katos plans published on internet - Telegraph

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
I'm talking about specifically a machine gun. They are not hard to come by, you say?

I'd think that if they were easy to come by, we would have very likely seen a machine gun in use recently.
I see machine guns in use no a regular basis at my local firing range, I'm not sure I'm following your point... I've never seen one used while committing a crime, that's because the overwhelming majority of gun owners (even machine gun owners) follow the laws and don't go out shooting people for fun.

1,168 posts, read 1,244,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The founding fathers of our nation could never have imagined how their words could be twisted to suit the needs of those potentially violent members of our current society. IMO!
It's true. If they had they would have restricted politicians much more

Old 01-15-2011, 09:39 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Those links have already been provided in very recent threads. Are you unable to look them up yourself?
I'm not posting in another thread, I'm posting in THIS ONE....he made those statements about mass killings by pickup truck, he should proved proof; certainly he can find the links. If not, I think it's quite clear that neither of you could provide links to prove your claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies