Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I thought the only person guilty of these shootings was the shooter?

Can we see some evidence to support the allegations made in the OP, please?
I merely asked a question. Please quote the allegations I made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 04:06 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
The man who was recently shot in a massive bloodbath that traumatized the entire community, to say nothing of the actual victims, themselves, right?
Yes he was shot,and then he threatened to kill someone else for daring to not agree with him.

Do you have a link to him being diagnosed with PTSD?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
So the Pima County Sheriff Department knew Loughner had made death threats but did nothing....

Even though they could have had him mentally evaluated.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,199,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The Pima county Sheriff's office had received reports that Jared L, the Tuscon shooter, had made death threats to people but chose to take no action stating that the perp was under mental health care (not true). IMO, the deaths in this act of violence were preventable if the sheriff's office would have taken some action.
A couple years back John Corzine ( D ) came to speak in my tiny town to a tiny group of people in the 50 person outdoor tiny town event area. We have 325 voters 270 are Democrats. My town has never had a shooting , years ago a man hit his wife ,that's it . We have been awarded safest town many times. This is the last place you would ever find a crazy shooter . There were State Troopers all over the place !
It was hard to fit all the extra people who protected him on our street. It was a mess .
Anyway , you would think they could spare Barney Fife after she got threats .

Old 01-16-2011, 04:10 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Quote:

Sure, glad to.
Quote:

The Pima county Sheriff's office had received reports that Jared L, the Tuscon shooter, had made death threats to people but chose to take no action stating that the perp was under mental health care (not true).
May we have a cite for this, please?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:10 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
As Jill says, the only person/entity responsible was the shooter Jared L.

This attitude of someone else must be blamed..... lets go back in time....

John W. Booth killed President Lincoln..... He was a Confederate sympathizer.. ergo the South is to blame for the death of Lincoln.

Lee H. Oswald killed President Kennedy.... He was a Soviet sympathizer.. ergo the Soviet Union is to blame for the death of Kennedy.

Stop blaming the Sheriff's dept already......

Quote:
So the Pima County Sheriff Department knew Loughner had made death threats but did nothing....
Our Police/Sheriff's are NOT the Gestapo..

Old 01-16-2011, 04:11 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,782 times
Quote:
The Pima county Sheriff's office had received reports that Jared L, the Tuscon shooter, had made death threats to people but chose to take no action stating that the perp was under mental health care (not true). IMO, the deaths in this act of violence were preventable if the sheriff's office would have taken some action.
Got a link that Loughner made death threats and that these were reported to the police?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I just realized that you are referring to the facts I stated in my OP as allegations. You can google the facts.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Moe Lane » Did Dupnik dismiss Loughner threat?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
In the end as we have seen agian and again;if the level means that a mental subject has to actaully do somehting that IMMINENT threat thenh we are not goign to see much happen. Basically they have to do something.It the same with commitments they are reveiw for upto three days then released if no court hearing finds them not dangerous if they take their drugs. Big if as seen also time and again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies