Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 11:50 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,478,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
Your current standards for passport may or may not have applied then. That is the information I have, and the source is far more credible to me than you.
there has only been one change to the indonesian citizenship law since 1961 ( Indonesian citizenship law to change | Bali Blog ). since 2006 a biological child of a indonesian national can have dual citizenship till the age of 21. since neither of obama's biological parents were indonesian and he was 44 at the time the new indonesian law was passed this has zero affect on our discussion.

as far as credibility of sources go........ what are your sources? you've never said. when i mentioned US state department law/policy i listed the US state department as my source. do you have a more credible link than that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 11:59 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times
Quote:
Liberals, never hold liberals to anything near the same standards they demand of conservatives.
So... show that this is happening here.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Your current standards for passport may or may not have applied then. That is the information I have, and the source is far more credible to me than you. Go to the birthers site and see what they say.
I read them all. They are wrong in general, and on this issue specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis
So far, even the Governor of Hawaii opines that what has been produced to date is lacking.
This is, of course, another bald faced lie.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So, losing it is common?
Extremely common.

The provision of replacement birth certificates is actually a significant source of income for most State vital records offices.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
There is a requirement that he or be a natural born citizen and above a certain age. Evidence of that is, and has for a long time been, the birth certificate. Why this is so hard to get through so many closed minds is beyond me. It is a simple test to prove, if it were true.
That simple test was performed in June of 2008. Obama passed it with flying colors.

Quote:
There is no Constitutional requirement for the states to listen, and that came right out of your backside, and you and everyone else knows it.
I refer you directly to the US Constitution:

Quote:
Article IV - The States

Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.
Quote:
Are you telling me that if a Republican with such a dubious background ran for the Presidency and refused dogedly to produce the document, you would rely on the say-so of a highly-Republican state's government?
I would have no choice. The US Constitution dictates that the "the say-so of a highly-Republican state's government" must be accepted by all other states as true.

Quote:
When his wife admitted he was born in Kenya, did that not register at least a little bit in your mind, that perhaps something is amiss.
Since his wife never made any such admission, no. It raised no concern.

Quote:
There is an old adage, where there is smoke, there is fire.
And of course, that is only one of the many "old adages" that is rarely true.

In this case, where there is smoke, there are smoke blowers.

Quote:
And how about the fact that there were two different announcements in two different newspapers listing two different hospitals??
Thisis a brand new original Birther lie that even I have never heard before. Neither of the birth announcements named any hospital at all.

Quote:
It is and was common for foreign born children to have a birth listing put in the paper so they could be claimed as U.S. citizens.
Another unique and original lie that not even other Birthers are making.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you say that not one state has had such legislation offered up in their legislature? Surely those nasty Arizonans went through with their attempt.
And it failed.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Nor do the ones that are said to be coming soon to allow the regulatory agencies headed by his czars and other regulators. Ah yes, he is about to try to make things so much easier for his people.
It is bad enough when you guys make up imaginary EOs from the past. It is egregious when you make up imaginary EOs from the future.

I try to stick with what has actually happened. I understand this is an alien concept to most of you, but hey. Just sayin...

Old 01-23-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Blow up the building that houses all the birth certificates and computer backups on the weekend when no one is working.
You must not be in IT. They would not be in the same building. It's called "Disaster Recovery 101"

Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
It doesn't bother you that nobody can release the document without the man himself wanting it to happen, but these people say they have seen the document and that it what it is?
Nope. Does it bother you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
It seems to me that they violated the law by so doing, but then since I have accepted what they say do I have to accept the fact that he could release the thing if he wanted to.
Here is a classic example of the Birther ability to move goal posts in two different directions at the same time.

First, they whine about the refusal of DoH officials to violate the law and release the birth certificate.

But at the same time, when those DoH officials try to release the information, if it disagrees with the Birther prejudice, they are accused of violating the law.

It is among the absurdities that keeps Birthers so entertaining.

Quote:
My problem with this document has been that I think he wants to keep people split up over the document. Either it is that or there really isn't one there, else why would he keep trying to keep it hidden from view.
That question has been asked and answered so many times it is clear that you guys ask it without caring one whit whether there is an answer or not.

1. It sets a disastrous precedent for the ability of future Presidents to ignore nut cases.

2. Birthers have already preemptively declared anything he released to be a forgery. So why bother?

3. It would not end a single court case or gain him a single vote.

Quote:
I won't accept what has been said, up to now, until he releases that document or his enrollment papers at Occidental College, now Occidental U.
How nice for you.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If my birth certificate was burned up in a fire, would that mean that I was never born?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies