Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times

Advertisements

Get your own answers if you can't accept the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Get your own answers if you can't accept the facts.
WOW, you have been owned by a European girl that knows more about Ice Hockey than you just by doing a little Internet research.

So what were you saying...no american ice hockey national team at the Championships?

Americans are so uptight...

Old 01-19-2011, 04:13 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
#1 Military Bases
#2 Debt

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
WOW, you have been owned by a European girl that knows more about Ice Hockey than you just by doing a little Internet research.

Are Europeans too stupid to grasp facts such as USA Hockey does not sanction an IIHF team?

Tell me EXACTLY what part of that stumps you.

I'll try to dumb it down for you.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:13 PM

613 posts, read 815,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I don't refer to juniors as national team. Maybe you do in the states, not here.
You may not have noticed, but I'm Canadian.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:21 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
The OP is right about some things.

América will possibly be always number 1 in TELEVISION: the quality of america tv in UNDENIABLE, i mean, shows like Seinfeld, The simpsons, Lost, Curb your enthusiasm, Mad Men, The Wire, The Sopranos, In Treatment,House, Friends, Desperate Housewives, South Park and many many others (couldnt possibly write them all down here, cause there are a lot), are great quality show. In the writing, in the acting, in the producing, in the directing, etc, this is all high quality television! Even the not-so-awesome shows are waaaay better than most show from any country. Seriously, your TV is so good that i dont even watch argentinian tv here, i download and watch your series, and most people who appreciate good tv do that too.

One you didnt say: MOVIES. America has some of the better directors in the world. I particulary appreciate the sensibility of Wes Anderson and Jim Jarmush, but there are TONS of very talented movie directors and you have all type of movies to choose from. Really impressive !

Atlethes: i must agree with this, the olympics prove you guys have the best, better trained atlethes in the world! However, one little downside, you´ll never be the BEST in SOCCER, the most popular sport in the world!! (unless you try to be, and then we are screwed! )

I dont agree with: Food!!! Been there, try the food and theres no way theres the best food in the world, au contraire (Poirot would say) the food taste is actually quite artificial, i dont think it can compite with nations that have amazing cuisine and flavours. Even Argentinian food is so much better. Come try a streak, an ice cream and a pizza down here and then come back to me.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
Subtle Propaganda and mind control, illusion creation, mass (human) programming, uniformity of everything and everybody, amount of ignorance per education dollar, USA is #1 hands down.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Since the recession I been hearing talk about America no longer the greatest country, but I think there are certain areas of life I think we'll always be 2nd to none.

1. Television
2. Food
3. Athletes
4. Trucks and Motorcycles
5. Music
6. Evangelism
7. Financial Products

did I miss any?
I would put: "Talking about being number 1" at the top.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
but would u really rather ride a japanese motorcycle? would a japanese prefer their own kind?

No. My Harley is in a class of it's own. Almost everyone who buys a rice burner does so because they can't afford a Harley.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
"Areas where America will always be number 1"

World's highest paid athletes.
Gun ownership.
Number of mega-churches.
Spending on military.
Percentage of population that believes in creationism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies