Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:09 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The typical liberal response. If you don't agree with me, insult. Par for the course.

Your name is an oxymoron. An Einstein you certainly are not.

YOU are the one claiming to know the what is in the "agenda". All I asked was for you to share it with us.

Either you have it or are just blowing hot air.
I see you're down to the real self. Got anything worth discussing? That was pretty quick... enough. Quick enough resort to personal attack... that won't make you a liberal though. Because what you think is a liberal trait, is easy to spot quick enough, anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Their primary agenda, since Nov 4, 2008, has been to defeat Obama. If jobs get created, they lose. From now on, here is how it goes...
- Push to force their ideologies that involves killing trade unions and laying off government employees.
- Laid off government employees = more unemployed -> reflects badly on Obama policies.
- Blame Obama.
If you truly believe what you wrote above, then you have absolutely no understanding of how our private economy works.

Do you understand that it is the "government employee" unions that are bankrupting States?

Do you not understand that government should be very limited to only what is allowed under our Constitutions, both State and Federal? A government employee does not "earn" $'s for it employer. A government employee only depletes $'s collected from taxpayers who do earn $'s that make our private economy work.

That's just for starters.

OBCare, if allowed to stand, will increase many-fold times government employees who are paid by tax dollars and thus will increase government expenditures, not create jobs that add to the private sector and over-all economy. Then there is all the intrusion, screwing up of our health system, forcing people to buy something they don't want, forcing some people to pay for the benefit of others and on and on and on.

Frankly, I wish the d**ned Federal government would take a hike and stay out of all areas of our private and business lives. The Constitution limits their authority and they overstepped that a long time ago. It is our fault...we the voting public...we didn't pay attention and let them do it.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:19 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
I see you're down to the real self. Got anything worth discussing? That was pretty quick... enough. Quick enough resort to personal attack... that won't make you a liberal though. Because what you think is a liberal trait, is easy to spot quick enough, anywhere.
Ah, the silly juvinile game. You accuse me of not have a brain then when I reply you claim I resort to personal attack.

I am still waiting for that agenda you claim to have.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:19 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,053,438 times
Quote:
When do people have enough money? Why wasn't this an issue in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s but suddenly "can't afford it"?

But there is something to agree with you on concerns about enough money. Recession presents such challenges. It is why I find it ridiculous when people make an argument that give a tax cut to incomes above $250K and they will start hiring. Guess what, I wouldn't. And I didn't hire people because of ongoing tax rates. I hired with prospects of business growth.

How were businesses doing BEFORE Obamacare? Thriving?

For some reason I don't think you ever owned a business.

It's not so much as cutting taxes on you as it is on your business.

If your business has a lower tax rate and you take that money and hold on to it until you see a opportunity to invest it and have your business grow.

Then when your business grows you will have to hire more employees as it grows.

Simple as that, less money to invest equals less growth equals less employees hired.

busta

Old 01-21-2011, 03:20 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He is not blowing me. I would know it. There is no Republican Jobs Agenda.
He claimed he knows what is in it, not me.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:24 PM

537 posts, read 819,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
If you truly believe what you wrote above, then you have absolutely no understanding of how our private economy works.

Do you understand that it is the "government employee" unions that are bankrupting States?

OBCare, if allowed to stand, will increase many-fold times government employees who are paid by tax dollars and thus will increase government expenditures, not create jobs that add to the private sector and over-all economy. Then there is all the intrusion, screwing up of our health system, forcing people to buy something they don't want, forcing some people to pay for the benefit of others and on and on and on.
Where exactly in the health care bill is there anything that would cause that to happen?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
Where exactly in the health care bill is there anything that would cause that to happen?
For one...the 1099 clause.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is not hard to figure out how much your health care costs are going to be under the new health care laws. That is why companies hire accountants. If you can not predict your costs, maybe you should look into working for someone instead of running your own business.
That is unmitigated bull sh**!!!!

No one can predict anything when things keep changing, for one. For two...there are many factors that impact costs. One of them being "HAVING" to pay an accountant to figure out your costs. Having operated a very successful construction corporation (as CEO and CFO) for 25 years, I had to deal with government crap. My position was (and still is) if government interference gets to the point that accounts have to be hired then the government should pay for the cost of same. In short, government, get the he** out of the way.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:32 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
The Republican job agenda is the same as always, create millions of new, high paying jobs in spite of opposition from Democrats. Meanwhile Democrats can stay busy creating burger flipping jobs, like always.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
How about the additional 15,000 IRS employees required to be sure everyone is "forced" to pay for insurance? Just for starters,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies