Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why would you say that? Pretty much the only time I go to a gay bar is 16 Sundays during Broncos season to watch the games. Some of the most rabid football fans I know are gay men (me foremost among them). Every gay bar I know in Denver plays football on Sundays and it's hard to find a free seat.
Hear ! HEar ! The dearest, sweetest, kindest, most macho man that I know is gay and he loves football.

There are gay pro athletes, they just keep it well hidden.

I try and look beneath thoughts of a persons sex life and see the person within....it works everytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I'm not a fan of commercials with overt sexuality of any kind during a so-called 'family entertainment' program. And I didn't really find them funny either.
Now, I find this an honest statement and I agree with the overt sexuality part during "so called" etc, etc, etc. Good point !

Old 01-26-2011, 08:33 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I do not want to see them on my TV.

I might just toss up my pizza and wings if I have to see this.

Guess I wont be buying any more Doritos.

Getting sick thinking about it.
Doritos are made by Frito Lay which is owned by Pepsi. You will need to boycott scores of products from energy drinks to orange juices to Quaker oatmeal to sodas to even Lipton tea.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
..snipped...To spend millions of dollars on a commercial that targets to what is considered a statistically insignificant market is rather odd. The market they would gain from such alone is likely to not even cover the market of those who may be turned off by the display.
I wonder about this, not doubting, just wondering. Through a relative, I found the underground gay population in my mid sized, 50% rural area was huge. Subsequently, other areas have appeared to be the somewhat the same. What the general, hetersexual population sees of the gay community is minute, in my experience.

Just wondering is there any good statistics on this.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
All commercials perpetuate stereotypes.
Why should the gays be offended..they are finally included.
May be they don't want to be stereotyped in that way. I have a gay relative that is super feminine. Many of her friends are very feminine as well and she resents the stereotype of boot wearing, dyke haircuts for all lesbians. Just as we southerners resent the stereotype of all southerners are KKK members, ignorant, tobacco chewing and inbred.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 AM

Doritos are made by Frito Lay. They have the market on snack food, etcs. Way too big.

BUY LANCE INSTEAD. They have just as good a product and they are a good Southern company struggling to be a player in the market. Ask for their product in the grocery and convience stores. If not, another company will be buried by the giant Frito Lay and many people will lose their jobs in Charlotte.

I have good sources.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Disgusting and short-sighted of FL to even try to foist this on customers. I'll not be serving any at my SB party nor buying any in the future.

Where's that barfing smiley?
SEE LANCE POST !! LOL. An alternate and a good one. You know, the ones that make the little cheese crackers and other good things.....like chips, etc. woohoooo!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 AM

723 posts, read 634,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Have you tried the new peanut butter Snickers?? OMG!!
They have those?! And here I am going grocery shopping tonight after class... Perfeeeect!!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 AM

30,337 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
They have those?! And here I am going grocery shopping tonight after class... Perfeeeect!!
LOL! They're kind of a promotional thing (which means they'll be added permanently if they are popular), and I had to try one when I saw it at 7-11... worth every penny, I promise you.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM

723 posts, read 634,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL! They're kind of a promotional thing (which means they'll be added permanently if they are popular), and I had to try one when I saw it at 7-11... worth every penny, I promise you.
I'm a huge fan of peanut butter. I'm so excited now!! Thanks for a way to make grocery shopping after work and grad school something to be happy about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies