Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I already pay a relatvely high price for bread and produce as I choose to buy "Organic" and support the small farmers as opposed to the commercial Monsanto type farming.
What is Monsanto-type farming. Monsanto is petro-chemical company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
We out here in the Great Plains where those horrible subsidies to farmers have helped many other than the really big ones have seen much talk lately about the possibility that farm subsidies may well be dead. Will that make things nicer for you city folks of the east coast? Since the price of grain will have to rise sharply I imagine you may be mad as hell when you go to the supermarket to buy your bread.
Here we go, raise that guys taxes and cut his programs, but don't raise or cut mine.

Have fun cutting the federal budget, it should prove to be quite entertaining.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Reducing the breadth, depth, reach and cost of government, seriously. I hope this makes you feel better.
Vague, nothing specific, just meaningless talking points.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
You are quick to call others phonies. What have you accomplished in your life that makes you such a stellar judge of others?
Not only are you totally off topic and making it personal, you are obviously deflecting to avoid answering my question as it relates to Bachmann's or any other Tea Party candidates real ideas and specific solutions to the problems that the nation faces.

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I thought Bachmann and the rest of the TEA folks were/are all about letting the free market be free to set its own prices. You know, whatever the market will bear and/or whatever people are willing to pay.
Good bread is already over $4.00 a loaf where I live and people buy it. I guess that means that is a fair price.

Personally, I say take all of the subidies away: no more oil, gas, farm, whatever. Let the people on the east coast get back as much from the feds as they send and let everyone else do the same. Or better yet, let each state support itself with its own tax and other revenues.
That is what Mrs. Bachmann wants isn't it? No more handouts of any kind.
The tea party is about reducing government spending and taxes

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Nope not Lincoln.....approx. 618,000 dead soldiers did.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
What is Monsanto-type farming. Monsanto is petro-chemical company.
Monsanto ~ The Changing Landscape of American Agriculture

Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry‏
Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry

http://www.foodincmovie.com/

Old 01-26-2011, 04:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Right. So, no more subsidies aka government spending propped up by taxes.
If they start advocating for that, I might join up

Mrs. Bachmann really does have to get a little better at history though, before I take her seriously.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The sad ****ing truth of it all is that the tea party doesn't have a ****ing clue about what it is about which is why it is so easily co-opted, confused, lacking in leadership, and most importantly lacking in credibility.

If the Tea Party is about "reduced government and taxes". Great! Sign me up I'm for it too, who isn't? And that is the problem, you can unite people scores of angry people behind a simple slogan but without a real knowledge of the problem, an underlying theoretical basis for action it is nothing but a mob to wielded by the loudest voice. Take it from the left, we have more than 100 years of experience with populist movements sometimes achieving great successes and at other times, abject failure. Frankly, I don't have an inherent dislike of such movements, but the tea party is filled with way too many internal contradictions; anti-corporate corporatism, small government except when big government serves its purpose; and, a strange pro middle-class anti labor schizophrenia all of which will result in its own eventual implosion. So, good luck with that.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The sad ****ing truth of it all is that the tea party doesn't have a ****ing clue about what it is about which is why it is so easily co-opted, confused, lacking in leadership, and most importantly lacking in credibility.

If the Tea Party is about "reduced government and taxes". Great! Sign me up I'm for it too, who isn't? And that is the problem, you can unite people scores of angry people behind a simple slogan but without a real knowledge of the problem, an underlying theoretical basis for action it is nothing but a mob to wielded by the loudest voice. Take it from the left, we have more than 100 years of experience with populist movements sometimes achieving great successes and at other times, abject failure. Frankly, I don't have an inherent dislike of such movements, but the tea party is filled with way too many internal contradictions; anti-corporate corporatism, small government except when big government serves its purpose; and, a strange pro middle-class anti labor schizophrenia all of which will result in its own eventual implosion. So, good luck with that.
either we spend more or we start spending less. At what point do the non tea party people say enough is enough. When is enough spending enough. There is going to be pain in cutting spending. An Immediate 25 % cut to all programs. Most programs have that much waist in them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies