Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:28 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
They'll never stop. In fact they will continue to gleefully climb over the still warm bodies of the victims in an unending effort to use other's tragedies to support their personal beliefs.
Based on my knowledge of Newton's law of cooling and how quickly the Brady Bunch had an update on their site following Tucson, you might be onto something there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,967 times
sounds like it would have been a better case for having the students at the off-site residence to be personally armed instead.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
sounds like it would have been a better case for having the students at the off-site residence to be personally armed instead.
Maybe it is just better not to party into the early hours of the morning, not allow in strangers, and lock the front door. You know, common sense stuff.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-06-2011 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,238 times
The OP's agenda: No good crisis should go to waste.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
AFP: Student killed, 11 wounded in Ohio shooting

at a frat party but could happen other places like campus

I understand it happen off campus. I still think that firearms and colleges do and should be mixed. after all, we cant gve the criminals all the free targets by not having our children being unarmed.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
AFP: Student killed, 11 wounded in Ohio shooting

at a frat party but could happen other places like campus

So we have twelve students who were shot because they didn't have their own guns with which to defend themselves. That about sum it up?

Show me a mass shooting, and I'll show you an unarmed public.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So we have twelve students who were shot because they didn't have their own guns with which to defend themselves. That about sum it up?

Show me a mass shooting, and I'll show you an unarmed public.

You have 12 students who would have been shot whether they had guns of their own or not.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:47 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You have 12 students who would have been shot whether they had guns of their own or not.

since they were not armed, you do not know for sure whether that statement is true or not.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
I do know that a gun does not make you bulletproof.

Are you suggesting differently?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someothername View Post
This was an early morning gathering, not a bunch of drunken frat boys, this is more similar to a home invasion

unarmed students, early morning gathering no one would bring guns in case someone had alcohol later at the Superbowl watching

armed criminals in a gun free zone

sound familiar?

Fort Hood shooter chose the gun-free area of the base instead of the shooting range on base ... wonder why?

Here's the facts:

2 non-student gang bangers gate crash (intrude/invade) a Frat gathering, they are told to leave. They return and shoot unarmed students there like fish in a barrel.

If any alcohol was going to be at the gathering, any licensee would, as a law abiding citizen, leave his gun at home. So what you have is criminals invading a "gun-free zone" to shoot unarmed students.

Criminals illegally carrying guns to shoot unarmed students is an argument FOR Campus carry ... not AGAINST it.

For cryin' out loud, you anti-gun people jump on every tragedy to plead your cause.

Give it a rest please.
You can give it a rest, too.
I don't feel that because a bunch of men didn't get their yayas as kids playing with guns, that they feel everyone in the US should carry a gun.
That's a wackaloon viewpoint.

I don't want a country where everyone is armed.
What the heck are we teaching kids and visitors.

I live in Europe and I know people who will never visit the US because they're afraid of the guns and hype of guns.
How much income to the states does this cost us.

Big boys playing little boy games is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies