Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times

Advertisements

The one fact about the facts from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill not well discussed was that the dispersant Corexit is now in our sea food plus it has been carried by the prevailing winds well inland to pollute anything it touches in your area.

So if you have any of the symptoms known about Corexit please alert your doctor to test for it in your blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKkshc-awzs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JArm_wCNpEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVB4f...eature=related

BP oil spill Corexit dispersants suspected in widespread crop damage | PuppetGov (http://www.puppetgov.com/2010/06/23/bp-oil-spill-corexit-dispersants-suspected-in-widespread-crop-damage/ - broken link)

Toxic Oil Spill Rains Warned Could Destroy North America | EUTimes.net

It will take years to prove that Corexit , and other oil toxins, are killing people and the planet. Just beware for your own health that there may be a link to your illness and this disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Amazing! Not one comment.

Are people so blase that they just stick their heads in the sand about a topic that threaten them to much to admit to?

What if you were a victum of Corexit? Would that get you interested?

Or is the political babble that is most important to all?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
If that is true, and I am not saying it isnt, then every person in the Gulf area should be tested.
I cant believe no one is commenting about this, either.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:34 PM

548 posts, read 2,097,953 times
People are commenting about this. Try here for a starter:

The World Vision Portal Forum • View topic - Permanent Biological Contamination of the Gulf

Censored Gulf news: Oil mafia whacking, Gulf oil spewing - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,823 times
Sadly, I think there reaches a point where even the idealistic and hopeful become jaded with "disaster fatigue" after being bombarded with bad news daily about EVERYTHING through our mainstream media sources.

The scope of both the problems and any possible solutions becomes so overwhelming, it's less painful to just shut it out and stick your head down in the sand where it's nice and dark and warm...

Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
People who volunteered for the cleanup in Alaska got sick and complained of it.
And it all got squashed.

You think the USG will tell people not to eat fish for 5-10 years because it's been poisoned ?

Former Valdez Cleanup Worker Warns of Toxic Dangers in the Gulf - ProPublica

Scientists still don't know the effects of corexit a decade after the Exxon Valdez spill.

Health of Exxon Valdez cleanup workers was never studied | McClatchy
"That lack of published, peer-reviewed study of the Exxon Valdez cleanup workers has made protecting the growing number workers in the Gulf of Mexico all the more difficult and has Alaska watchdogs warning that BP and government regulators are repeating mistakes that made people sick a generation ago."

Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If that is true, and I am not saying it isnt, then every person in the Gulf area should be tested.
I cant believe no one is commenting about this, either.
It was commented about heavily at the time of the spill and in the immediate months following.

As I recall Obama wasn't going to rest until the Gulf was cleaned up. He wasn't going to rest until there were jobs. Well, the country is broke, no jobs, and Obama is on the campaign trail for the next two years. When was the last time you heard him mention anything about the gulf other than lawsuites that will make attornies rich?

Realistically, do you really believe the MSM is going to run with this story again?

I had great fear for my friends and family living in FL and along the Gulf coast. I warned them to get out ASAP and was laughed at. Some fish the flats about barrier islands and are eating those fish out of the gulf. Others live in the panhandle area right in line with the prevailing winds that spread the contamination. All are on well water.

At some point you have to realize that you have to pick the battles that might be winnable and save those who care to listen before it is too late, not afterwards.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think the USG will tell people not to eat fish for 5-10 years because it's been poisoned ?
It's hard to come up with a good in this, but if we did stop eating fish for a few years it would give the oceans time to re-plenish it's stock. As it is, the fish are being harvested to the point of endangerment.

I don't feed my pet commercial pet food. Seeing what they do to us with food meant for human consumption, who knows what truly horrible stuff is in pet food?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's hard to come up with a good in this, but if we did stop eating fish for a few years it would give the oceans time to re-plenish it's stock. As it is, the fish are being harvested to the point of endangerment.

I don't feed my pet commercial pet food. Seeing what they do to us with food meant for human consumption, who knows what truly horrible stuff is in pet food?
Melamine from China and grain from Monsanto.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Melamine from China and grain from Monsanto.
and drugs to fix it all from Big Pharma!

Yet we get all uptight about smoking!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies