Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This differes from Democrats still blaming Bush how exactly? Pot, meet kettle.
Wrong. Both the democrats and republicans backed Bush in the past on things like the Patriot Act because it was an emergency, we'd been attacked, and they had to trust Bush and the R leadership to do the right thing. That trust got blown out of the window, and now that it's up for renewal the R's are taking the heat for it from their own people, as well as the Dems.

If the R's stuck together they wouldn't have a problem, but the R leadership can't get their own house in order--they backed up the tea party candidates to gain power, and now a chunk of the tea party isn't voting with the establishment. Surprise surprise. I thought they'd follow along once they got to DC and do what they were told (and about half have), but I was wrong about the rest. This is a republican leadership problem--they have the majority by a wide margin, remember? They're blaming the Dems because they don't want to publicly admit that they've created a monster.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"But even with a 65-seat majority, Republicans are still blaming Democrats for their troubles."

Not surprising. They can't get anything done so they resort to the good ol' "blame the democrats" game
That's because the Dems that are still there are worth 2 Repubs. So the Dems still out number the Repubs.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
If the R's stuck together they wouldn't have a problem, but the R leadership can't get their own house in order--they backed up the tea party candidates to gain power, and now a chunk of the tea party isn't voting with the establishment. Surprise surprise. I thought they'd follow along once they got to DC and do what they were told (and about half have), but I was wrong about the rest. This is a republican leadership problem--they have the majority by a wide margin, remember? They're blaming the Dems because they don't want to publicly admit that they've created a monster.
Exactly, the GOP has the majority in name only. There could not be more division within a party!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"But even with a 65-seat majority, Republicans are still blaming Democrats for their troubles."

Not surprising. They can't get anything done so they resort to the good ol' "blame the democrats" game
and just 3 months ago when the democrats had a 79 seat majority, they certainly blamed the republicans for blocking everything

Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and just 3 months ago when the democrats had a 79 seat majority, they certainly blamed the republicans for blocking everything
But I thought the Republicans didn't act this way.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:20 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
You two are funny......I'll pull a Obama line..."It takes time to get this car out of the ditch"..........a 1.4 trillion $$$ Obama ditch!
So we are holding votes on abortion law because....

Old 02-09-2011, 11:26 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Wrong. Both the democrats and republicans backed Bush in the past on things like the Patriot Act because it was an emergency, we'd been attacked, and they had to trust Bush and the R leadership to do the right thing. That trust got blown out of the window, and now that it's up for renewal the R's are taking the heat for it from their own people, as well as the Dems.

Exactly!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
But I thought the Republicans didn't act this way.
They were taught well by the previous congress.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
In the Senate.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
So we are holding votes on abortion law because....
Simple, because the number 1 issue is jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies