Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 PM

514 posts, read 765,690 times

Advertisements

[quote=SourD;17826176]Yeah right. Obama is only a tool being used by the very people that are causing the chaos around the world. He was elected with the help of the same groups that want New World Order and World Revolution. Obama was put in place to faciltate the revolution here.[/QUOTE

I thought a majority of Americans put Obama in office. Please explain specifically who these people are and how they duped the voters. Right now Beck is saying Johnny Depp, Susan Sarandon, Leon Panetta and multi-culturism are part of it? Are these people part of it along with Van Jones? Is he suggesting that we export all Muslims from our country? He is now saying that people with a religion that defends killing people should be "shut down" and "put in prison". Is he talking about American Muslims? Now he says we have to demand "common sense" to save our country. How specifically should we do that? He just said again that this whole movement would sweep the Middle East, then Europe and then the whole world. How will they do that? With propaganda, an army, chemical warfare? Should we start building up our defenses? Should we invade the Middle East and nip this all in the bud? He never offers any answers. What does he think we should have done and should be doing in Egypt? Should we invade and arrest all those in the Muslim Brotherhood? Can you help? I think that now he's saying that he's going to answer more questions next week by using a book, I think by Mr. Skousen. My mom had me read Mr. Skousen's books in the late 50s and early 60s. I thought he was kind of nutty. Was I wrong? Have you read Mr. Skousen's books? Was he a Mormon prophet or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 04:05 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,714,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Does "a much better direction" mean 9+% unemployment?

I'll take the 52 Months of Economic growth and full employment over THIS direction!!!

Funny that you mention the will of the majority of the people THEN, but ignore the will of the majority of the people when it comes to Health Care.
I don't think you understand how economic recoveries work. The unemployment will continue to drop (down to 9% in January) as the economy continues to grow, but it's always the last and slowest indicator.

The will of the people is dictated during elections, not interim polls. Obama campaigned on passing more universal health care coverage, and he won. People upset, in part, with that rallied and, during the midterms, swept his opposition party into power in one of the chambers.

Now lawmakers are debating whether to keep it or not or how to address it. The House of Representatives was designed to be a more moment-to-moment barometer of the people's desire, while the Senate was designed to be a broader deliberative body.

The American people, therefore, collectively said that they were unhappy with the temporary situation but, by retaining majority Democratic rule, were overall desirous of the general direction we're heading.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:53 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
looks like his speech in Cairo started the unraveling...without one single bullet....

Egypt
Healthcare
Nuclear weapons treaty
Saved the world economy from the brink
Repeal of DADT
Getting us out Iraq - Afghanistan
Started financial reforms of the federal gov't
Tax cuts for the middle

I like his chances in 2012
That is the funniest thing i read today

Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
looks like his speech in Cairo started the unraveling...without one single bullet....

Egypt
Healthcare
Nuclear weapons treaty
Saved the world economy from the brink
Repeal of DADT
Getting us out Iraq - Afghanistan
Started financial reforms of the federal gov't
Tax cuts for the middle

I like his chances in 2012
Sorry, I am an Obama fan but the EGYPTIANS are the ones responsible for what's happening in Egypt....average Egyptians...NOT Obama, NOT Bush....the average Egyptian...people who found out what power there is in everyone banding together in one big UNION!

Old 02-11-2011, 05:04 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,377,371 times
""Barack Obama has brought Democracy to the Middle East""

Old 02-11-2011, 05:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,094,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..Obama has brought democracy to Egypt ????

The obamabaggers really are nuts. hussein obama was caught completely off guard by the events in Egypt.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,211,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I don't think you understand how economic recoveries work. The unemployment will continue to drop (down to 9% in January) as the economy continues to grow, but it's always the last and slowest indicator.

The will of the people is dictated during elections, not interim polls. Obama campaigned on passing more universal health care coverage, and he won. People upset, in part, with that rallied and, during the midterms, swept his opposition party into power in one of the chambers.

Now lawmakers are debating whether to keep it or not or how to address it. The House of Representatives was designed to be a more moment-to-moment barometer of the people's desire, while the Senate was designed to be a broader deliberative body.

The American people, therefore, collectively said that they were unhappy with the temporary situation but, by retaining majority Democratic rule, were overall desirous of the general direction we're heading.
You forgot to (or more likely disingenuously ommitted) the fact that only 1/3 of the Senate is up for election every 2 years. In 2012, however, the people will have spoken again, and the Dems will be, where they belong, out on their collective arses. You will be amazed at how the economy rebounds, because, as you obviously don't know, these things are as much about leadership (or in this case, an abject lack thereof), as they are policies. As soon as they see that the enemy has been defeated (the liberals) business will unleash all its pent-up potential.

Businesses see right through Obama et al.

Not to worry help is on the way, and it will arrive on inauguration day, 2013 when the evil empire is deposed to the ashbin of misguided history.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,714,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
You forgot to (or more likely disingenuously ommitted) the fact that only 1/3 of the Senate is up for election every 2 years.
Umm... Not omitted at all. That was actually my precise point. HoR is designed to have turn over moment-to-moment as the masses get upset or happy with this or that. Senate is purposely a longer term appointment so that the masses driven by emotion can't derail broader policy objectives.

Quote:
In 2012, however, the people will have spoken again, and the Dems will be, where they belong, out on their collective arses. You will be amazed at how the economy rebounds, because, as you obviously don't know, these things are as much about leadership (or in this case, an abject lack thereof), as they are policies. As soon as they see that the enemy has been defeated (the liberals) business will unleash all its pent-up potential.
If the midterm elections were held a mere month later you wouldn't have seen nearly as dramatic a shift. You're bold to predict 2012 based on your personal agenda. You don't know what will happen. I don't know. Obama's positioned very well right now to win re-election if he doesn't screw up. Perhaps you haven't followed the news, but the economy is in full recovery. It's a slow one, as was predicted it would be even before Obama took office, but the economy's growing at over 3% and jobs are being created throughout the private sector.

Unlike you, businesses aren't driven by ideology. They're growing, making massive profits, stock market has recovered. Obama's been very good for business.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your childlike perspective on politics. Never lose that innocence.

Last edited by Bluefly; 02-11-2011 at 06:14 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 05:56 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,224,076 times
This is how you deliver democracy and much much cheaper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_889oBKkNU

Old 02-11-2011, 05:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The TRUTH is that George W. Bush brought democracy to Egypt. The people saw what was happening in Iraq and Iran with their first elections in decades and said "We want some of that!".
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss267/Temptationbucket/ROFLMAO.gif (broken link)

Yeah, a few car bombs here, a couple of beheadings there, a couple of days of street fighting over yonder. Yeah that's what the Egyptians were looking at. Nothing about Tunisia of course but hey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies