Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Pay some attention to all the words Obama said today in upholding the destruction of the Egyptian government and maybe you can see what one man on TV said about what Obama said.
dear gawd! I've never seen such "celeb worship" in my life from anyone over the age of 12 or 13!

"destruction of the Egyptian government"............so now you support and prefer dictators! LOL Btw, I have watched Glenn Beck lately and obviously the man has gone off his rocker and actually believes the insanity he babbles on his TV show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 09:35 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Well you have found one left leaning possible mistruth but I want to know about all the lies he told this week. Attacking a messenger is not so very smart when you admit that that is all you are doing.

When was it that you watched Beck that one time? The rest of what you know sure doesn't come from watching him.
You have continually asked for someone to find just one lie that Beck has told.....A lie. Now someone has presented you with that lie and you call it a "mistruth" and change your demand to be told "all the lies" Beck told "this week." Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzz You keep moving the goal posts!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Keep up your uninformed anti-Beck rants because it is so obvious that you have no idea what he is actually saying. You need to watch him sometime. If you can't see today's show, at you know where, maybe you could see him Monday because I think there may be a lot of what you don't want to see come out that day.

Let the brainwashed stay brainwashed. It is all to our benefit.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Good riddance to a bumbling fool who is famous for not answering questions. Sad but I think Gibbs can no longer stand to lie for Obama.
That may well be why he left but they say it is so he can campaign for Obama up to 2012.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
That may well be why he left but they say it is so he can campaign for Obama up to 2012.

Gibbs said he was leaving for that reason and to spend more time with his handicapped child.

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Let the brainwashed stay brainwashed. It is all to our benefit.
Thank you for another informed, intellectual, and positive contribution. I will continue to pray for your soul, that you someday realize people can have views other than yours and still not be stupid, ignorant, or wrong.

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Haha - "one left leaning possible mistruth". You should be a politician. Hilarious. I'll take that as the closest to a concession I'll ever get on here and commence my victory dance.

And, no, I don't gather information from liars like Beck, though I do watch him far more regularly than you seem to realize. The multiple times he has lied when I've watched him (just look at how he manipulated the truth about Van Jones and how his followers ate it up without ever seeking the full story) has proven to me he is not a credible source. I prefer no bias sources rather than liberal or conservative spin. I like to know the truth.

It was nice doing business with you, sir. Back to Mr. Gibbs' transition to campaign mode.
Somehow I don't remember any of you telling me the real truth about Van Jones. Is is what he is doing now? Is it what he was doing back when he was an admitted Communist? Do you even know where he plies his trade now? Did you ever bother to listen to his Powershift 09 speech? I bet not unless you read it on one of your left leaning blogs. Go to YouTube and listen to it and then tell me that Beck lied about him.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Of course, not one bit of that "recovery" had anything to do with the people knowing that Obama was going to push extension of the Bush tax cuts and not raising taxes. Yep, it was all pure recovery and Christmas shopping.

BTW, thanks for that link since I picked up that really wonderful op ed from Friedman. It seems like he is surely part of the MSM in that none of them have managed to yet see that Egypt will belong to the Muslim Brotherhood but then that is what Obama and our MSM wants to see happen.
Wow. Beck's really got you by the gonads. Seriously, Roy. You have a masters degree in History. Use it! You can't support Bush's push for democracy throughout the Middle East and then complain when countries begin doing it.

You just don't get it both ways. This isn't a myopic political victory for the left or right. It's a major advancement toward liberty for a now free people.

Will you admit that, as an extremist conservative, you don't, actually, want liberty and freedom, but just use those words when they're convenient to making the world serve your agenda and lifestyle?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Somehow I don't remember any of you telling me the real truth about Van Jones. Is is what he is doing now? Is it what he was doing back when he was an admitted Communist? Do you even know where he plies his trade now? Did you ever bother to listen to his Powershift 09 speech? I bet not unless you read it on one of your left leaning blogs. Go to YouTube and listen to it and then tell me that Beck lied about him.
STOP ACCUSING ME OF NOT EDUCATING MYSELF ON TOPICS!!!! Your default is always to accuse people of not watching this or reading that instead of address the subject matter at hand.

I watched Van Jones' speech from beginning to end. It was a good speech focused on using the free market to create green jobs in impoverished communities.

Then I watched it with Beck's commentary. Beck would pick a sliver here, a slice there, and then provide his commentary, completely distorting what Jones meant just to demonize this guy doing nothing more than trying to help the environment and help the impoverished build careers. It was a political hitjob and Beck did it by providing a morsel of truth and building a framework of distortion and lies around it.

Beck lie #2 - proven! Kiss my ring, Roy. Come on, kiss it.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:10 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The mark of a liar----uhm, uhm, uhm. Obama does it all the time as well. Make it up as you go along.
It is harder to remember a lie than the truth....

I guess Obama and Gibbs should have watched Judge Judy...everytime a defendent or plaintiff say "uhm" the judge will say..."don't say uhm, just to see what you can make up, look at me not to the side, look at me and answer the question"....that is exactly how it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies