Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times

Advertisements

yeah its BS.some people enjoy searching news stories looking for crimes committed by folks they can even remotely connect to organizations they dont like to discredit them kind of a weird hobby if you ask me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 04:36 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Are Minutemen a political party? Are liberals a politcial party? Who said anything about a political party?

These ARE right wing extremists. You wish to ignore their political motivations regarding this scheme.

I am ignoring their(or anyone else's for that matter) political motivations. Simple fact is, a crime was committed. Every criminal action in this world is not politically motivated. As I also stated, the death of someone(anyone) is sad, and the death of a child is even worse.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:37 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
You're attempting to imply a criminal was a Minuteman therefore all Minutemen are criminals.

I wonder how long it would take to find a link pointing to a liberal Democrat having been convicted of molesting a child and making the leap to claim all liberal Democrats are child molesters?

While it was a fine effort at pointless trolling (in keeping with the content of a substantial percentage of your posts) this wasn't even a good attempt at demonizing those whose beliefs differ from yours.

Get a life.
The information about Forde is not trolling. That was a high profile case. I remember reading about Forde and her Minutemen organization a couple of years ago. The outcome of the trial is newsworthy and interesting.

I didn't make the connection you seem to think was the motive for posting this thread. This woman is a criminal and she had organized her own group using the name Minutemen in it. That attracts attention.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I am ignoring their(or anyone else's for that matter) political motivations. Simple fact is, a crime was committed. Every criminal action in this world is not politically motivated. As I also stated, the death of someone(anyone) is sad, and the death of a child is even worse.
So you're saying that guarding the border to stop people from illegally crossing is not political?

The article said the woman had stated that her motive for going after the man who was killed was to rob him to fund her organization. She chose him to rob because she believed he was a drug dealer.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,340,776 times
She had her own small independent group. Her group was not part of the well known Minutemen group.

The title of the thread is misleading.

It needs to be changed.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 02-14-2011 at 04:59 PM..

Old 02-14-2011, 04:41 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
The information about Forde is not trolling. That was a high profile case. I remember reading about Forde and her Minutemen organization a couple of years ago. The outcome of the trial is newsworthy and interesting.

I didn't make the connection you seem to think was the motive for posting this thread. This woman is a criminal and she had organized her own group using the name Minutemen in it. That attracts attention.
Her actions were her own and had nothing to do with the Minutemen as a whole.

Can you provide any links to the organization supporting her actions? Did they provide funding for her legal defense? Have they spoken on her behalf?

She was a criminal. Attempting to link her actions to the Minutemen is disingenuous and little other than a twisted attempt at political one-upsmanship.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Aside from the implications in your original post in this thread?
That's not an implication. That's a intentional distortion on your part.

I deny what you are saying I wish to imply........Get it now?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Her actions were her own and had nothing to do with the Minutemen as a whole.

Can you provide any links to the organization supporting her actions? Did they provide funding for her legal defense? Have they spoken on her behalf?

She was a criminal. Attempting to link her actions to the Minutemen is disingenuous and little other than a twisted attempt at political one-upsmanship.
I don't make the claim that any organizations support her actions.

I know gullible, hate filled right wing individuals act on their own spurred on by right wing paranoia and bigotry.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That's not an implication. That's a intentional distortion on your part.

I deny what you are saying I wish to imply........Get it now?
I get what you claim. Doesn't mean I in any way agree with it....clear enough?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
So you're saying that guarding the border to stop people from illegally crossing is not political?

The article said the woman had stated that her motive for going after the man who was killed was to rob him to fund her organization. She chose him to rob because she believed he was a drug dealer.

Did you not read my statement? Read it again and answer for yourself. I Do Not Care About Anyone's Political Party, got it? A Crime Was Committed, That Is All That Matters......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies