Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,215 times

Advertisements

People really need to read his latest book "Broke". He lays out how the US got to where it is today, he meticulously describes the budget, deficit and debt problems the US has, and then offers some sensible alternatives to the drunken spending spree both parties have us on the inevitable financial train wreck.

But since the left so often misaligns GB with its lying propaganda, it scares people away from reading his ideas and books. So the only people spreading fear and paranoia are those who likely know nothing about him and haven't read his latest book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM

514 posts, read 765,306 times
Thumbs up exactly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't think it's an obsession--it's absolute disbelief that this guy says what he says, and that people listen in the numbers they do, and then take him seriously. You have to call people out who spread fear and lies like that--there has to be another voice telling the truth. I'm not a liberal and I think he's a bona fide nut.

I'm with you.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
Boring, slow moving guy who is unattractive to look at. He was almost given the axe last summer when he suddenly went on a religious crusade. He drags all of Fox news down. I doubt he lasts to fall 2011. Only Democrats watch him.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
About time Boehlert gets with the program, we've been saying that forever!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
I think Boehlert has read Obama's right hand man, Cass Sunstein's well-known paper that tells people to call someone a conspiracy nut when they are on to some truth about the government.

Obama confidant's spine-chilling proposal - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Old 02-15-2011, 08:35 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Glenn Beck is not a bad man; I really believe that. He wants to do good. He's pretty well-informed on the budget; I would argue, more informed than, say, Limbaugh. But he is also one of those folks who believes forces are aligning against him everywhere. (Occasionally such people fulfill their own prophecy, and then the men in white coats are just coincidentally in on the conspiracy to suppress truth.)

Yet his idea that there's a Muslim radical or Communist behind every bush is simply not reasonable. Even if all the Muslim radicals and Communists in the world came together in a big love-fest, they do not remotely match the power of rest of us. The failure to get that is the real Achilles' heel of Beck.

Last edited by djacques; 02-15-2011 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-15-2011, 08:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Ignore Beck at your own risk.

MSNBC=FOX News reruns.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So true, I never watch the guy and I think he is a bit of a dope, but I find the left's obsession with him pathalogical.
I just had an e-mail from a very conservative friend who writes on Red State and he said to make sure I see Beck from today. I always see him either when it is his show time or on the link that I can't post anymore. I really think that he has been outstanding the past week and he has hit the Egyptian thing very hard and, I think, right every time he mentions it.

Of course, MSLSD and MM would be hot after him no matter what he said and they really don't manage to tell a lot of truth about him.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Years ago people could watch Disney's Wonderful World Of Color.
In our modern times people watch Glen Beck's Wonderful World Of Paranoia.
That's what makes America such a great place.
How often each week do you watch Beck? Why of course I know zero is your number and I know it has to be that you are afraid that you might see something that MM stretched or just lied about. Make sure you don't watch him the rest of this week because you just might learn something.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't think it's an obsession--it's absolute disbelief that this guy says what he says, and that people listen in the numbers they do, and then take him seriously. You have to call people out who spread fear and lies like that--there has to be another voice telling the truth. I'm not a liberal and I think he's a bona fide nut.
As one of his biggest supporters I think that you don't watch him out of fear that you may find that MM and MSLSD are lying about him or at least stretching the way they talk about him.

I love to have people say that they never watch him but that they know he is just spreading fear and paranoia. I used to have trouble agreeing with everything he said or did, but he has changed his method of approaching things since the first of this year. The best part of this is that I know what he has been saying and you don't really know since you didn't hear him say the things the left blogs report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies