Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 PM

915 posts, read 1,191,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And why do you speak for Israel with such authority? Why does it even bring up an Iran issue every few months? Not that the trend has only started recently.

All of the above. But I doubt Israel will engage in war on its own. It wants the USA to, knowing very well that a massive number of people in the congress will go to work promptly. Consequently, it sets a timer, and regularly brings up "the threat".

Aye aye aye.... the press reports what they want, Israel has no control over that. If the PM makes a speech about national security threats, you would expect him to mention a crazy dictator like Ahmedinijad, no?

And I am sure you know history has shown that Israel does not need the USA to fight their wars for them.

Again, I just don't see what Israel has to gain by threatening a country 1000 miles away if they don't see them as an existential threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 05:12 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,484,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Aye aye aye.... the press reports what they want, Israel has no control over that. If the PM makes a speech about national security threats, you would expect him to mention a crazy dictator like Ahmedinijad, no?

And I am sure you know history has shown that Israel does not need the USA to fight their wars for them.

Again, I just don't see what Israel has to gain by threatening a country 1000 miles away if they don't see them as an existential threat.

A couple millenia of persecution and the Israelis look upon most everything as a threat. Whether the persecution was earned is up for your consideration and interpretation.

Americans are asleep at the wheel. Right wing Israeli interests may apparently soon have everything under total control. Just don't touch Joe's remote...that would fire him up and make him roar.

Last edited by JohnHAdams; 02-18-2011 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,468,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Israel would love to attack Iran and several other countries...
I understand you are convinced about that, but why would they want to do so? Will Israel claim Iran as their territory? I know, they probably want to revenge the Babylonian exile...
Quote:
You have to get beyond the simplistic notion that Iran is unstable and dangerous while Israel is peaceful and benevolent. Israel is just as if not more unstable and dangerous than any other country in the region
Sure, Israel is not stable. Not at all. (At least not as stable as Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain, Jordan, Libya, Yemen and few others).
Yes brother, I do understand you.
Now you see what years of relentless propaganda did to you?

Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 PM

38 posts, read 23,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

And why wouldn't they trust Iran? Iran hasn't attacked another Nation in modern history. .......Most other Nation's don't fall the Neocon propaganda you've fallen for.
"Neocon propaganda"??
Apologists for the mullahs should look in the mirror if they want to see a propagandist.

Iran has attacked many, many times. The Iranian proxy armies are financed, trained, militarily supplied, and directed by the mullahs. They are part of the Islamic Republic's military forces just as the Republican Guards are:

- The Islamic Republic created Hezbollah. Republican Guards are embedded within its ranks. Hezbollah is Iran. This Iranian proxy has attacked Israel many times, including starting a major war in 2006. It has showered Israel's cities and towns with Iranian-supplied missiles.
The Iran-Hezbollah Alliance - The Israel Project

-Ditto for Hamas. It could not exist without Iran financing and weapons.
Hamas wages Iran’s proxy war on Israel - Times Online

-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
Cox & Forkum: Iran's Proxy War
Iran's Proxy War Against the United States and Iraq | Institute for the Study of War
http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/...ories-located/
LiveLeak.com - Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street Baghdad
U.S.: Iran helped in deadly Iraq strike - USATODAY.com
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...k_for_iraq.asp
- Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

I've supported my reply with many sources, and there are many more.
A peace-loving, innocent Islamic Republic of Iran?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies