Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1000 jobs for 3 billion dollars? Really?

Just give each of the 3 million dollars a piece, you'd get more for it.

EDIT: Not to mention he was the same idiot who got on TV the other day and said that cutting 200,000 federal jobs is tough tit. His exact words were "so be it". Yeah, a real winner there. I had some respect for Speaker Boehner, I'm losing it quickly.
It's hard to admit a mistake so change the subject and add a whole bunch of words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
It's hard to admit a mistake so change the subject and add a whole bunch of words.
Not hard at all, I didnt know there were any jobs in ohio. I also didnt know that the jobs in ohio are worth 3 million a piece.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Not hard at all, I didnt know there were any jobs in ohio. I also didnt know that the jobs in ohio are worth 3 million a piece.
It's obvious you didn't know.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
It's obvious you didn't know.
Its obvious you think one job is worth 3 million dollars, when a congressman is directly responsible for the bill. How many of the 200000 jobs that Boehner wants to cut are from ohio? I bet its more than a thousand. But he can't take personal gain from those jobs.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Its obvious you think one job is worth 3 million dollars, when a congressman is directly responsible for the bill. How many of the 200000 jobs that Boehner wants to cut are from ohio? I bet its more than a thousand. But he can't take personal gain from those jobs.
What I think has nothing to do with you making statements about which you know absolutely nothing. Now all you can do is deflect...

Old 02-16-2011, 05:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:

Mmmm, I hate to inject a little truth in your discussion but you know Boehner had nothing to do with this right?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No, he doesn't. That's the entire core of the problem with pork-barrel spending.
I think that they voted for him to represent them, and he should do that if he wants to keep his job. If his vote would have made the difference I could see falling on the sword but it didn't.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmm, I hate to inject a little truth in your discussion but you know Boehner had nothing to do with this right?
I'm listening...

Old 02-16-2011, 05:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
I'm listening...

Alternate fighter jet engine funded until March 4

"Brown and fellow Democratic Sens. John Kerry, of Massachusetts, and Patrick Leahy, of Vermont, had sent a letter to Department of Defense Secretary Robert Gates last week stating Congress intended to fund the engine program through March 4 despite the Pentagon's opposition to it."

Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, the left will buy anything. You do know it was Sherrod Brown (D) who introduced this thing right?
There are people that join one of the major parties and one thing that happens to them is they get their eyes gauged out and become a partisan hack. No matter what members of their party do or do not do they are there to defend them rightly or wrongly.
In this case you are trying to shift all the blame on Brown and the {D}s to cover up the hypocrisy of the Boner. Here you have a guy that you are defending is talking about cutting spending and realizes that jobs will be lost. But when it came to his turf he does not lift a finger,was Boner a co sponser of the bill? did the Boner vote yes to cut the funding for the engine? He did neither,now what kind of example is that for some one who is raging for cuts and claims to be a conservative ?
It is pure hypocricy and I would be ashamed to defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies