Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:23 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,278,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGinger View Post
I absolutely hate war, and fostered many many children even adopting the last one. Because I do not believe in abortion you want to put a label on me?

Social welfare? Not sure what you mean by that. I DO wish people would stop making babies they can't care for, but kill the baby for it? There are many like me that would be happy to adopt these kids. I am positive people would be a bit more careful if abortion wasn't so acceptable and handy..
Sorry this subject sets me to ranting and rambling. Good night..
For every 1 of you there are hundreds of women haters and anti-choicers that dont.

Good that you want to adopt, but there comes a point where you can't adopt anymore. What will you do then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:04 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,241,383 times
Some of you keep posting about all the other services provided by PP which myself and most others don't object to. However, I don't care if it is 3% or 0.01%. Abortion is abortion and to some that equals murder. I myself am pro-choice, but my point is that there are pro-life taxpayers out there who object to funding an organization that performs abortions, even if the taxpayer money itself isn't technically going towards abortion services.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,871,919 times
At least the Senate has some sense... yet another example of Repug stupidity....

of course they would probably be happy to fund more welfare to support all the unwanted kids...

Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
At least the Senate has some sense... yet another example of Repug stupidity....

of course they would probably be happy to fund more welfare to support all the unwanted kids...
Definitely go to the extreme to make a point.

Defund PP and they will close their doors.
Nowhere else in America can you get birth control eh ?

PP only gets 33% from the USG.
The other 66% is from corporate/foundations.
Let "the rich" fund it 100%.
The left want the rich to pay more than their fair share so here's their chance.

Write that letter today to the Gates Foundation, Buffet Foundation and Disney, ToysRUs to up their donations.

Uncle Sam has no more money.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,962,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post

Repub Logic:
  • Defund Planned Parenthood
  • Fund NASCAR
Case Closed.

See ya in 2012
Casper

Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 AM

23,591 posts, read 17,269,743 times
Default PP namechange needed to reflect intent

What we're we talking about? Womens' health care? Planned Parenthod?

Suggest you go to the PP website and follow their links to the organizations they hold hands with. Your taxpayer money is being used by people who hold up, women in need, as a shield to defend themselves in their attempt to advance a minority view political agenda.'emphasis on young people', not women in need.

PP president's blurb and explanation that PP is an active political organization. How much taxpayer money is diverted into to supporting political agendas under the guise of health care?

"In recent years, Planned Parenthood has built the largest pro-choice political organization in America, with 4.6 million supporters. With a special emphasis on young people, she introduced the PPFA Youth Initiatives Program to train teens from across the United States in advocacy, lobbying, and media outreach, so they can mobilize their peers and organize grassroots efforts on behalf of sex education and reproductive rights at the national and local levels."

"Before joining Planned Parenthood, Ms. Richards served as deputy chief of staff for Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi.
In 2004, she founded and served as president of America Votes, a coalition of 42 national grassroots organizations, working to maximize registration, education, and voter participation nationwide.
Ms. Richards began her career organizing low-wage workers in the hotel, health care, and janitorial industries throughout California, Louisiana, and Texas."

Ran my area code to find a PP location here in NJ and was astounded by the large number of centers so close together. 820 centers across the country, new on-line focus and social networking for poor indigent people who don't own or can't use a computer? So most of their potential clients can't take advantage of on-line services but all that social networking serves well to spread their political agenda to everyone else.

PP supports the "Campaign for Safe Cosmetics" through their 'Green Choices' effort. Friends of the Earth is another of their linked partners and human caused Global Warming political organizations.

Friends of the earth president bio excerpt: "Erich has been at the core of Friends of the Earth’s fight against nuclear, oil and gas, biofuels and coal subsidies. He has also spearheaded the organization’s advocacy work on global warming legislation over the past two years."

"Green Choices supports the creation of a sustainable world by providing the information you need to make choices for better health and a greener environment — for you, your family, and your community."
"Campaign for Safe Cosmetics" - "We have all inherited a flawed system of managing chemicals and pharmaceuticals. One of the major flaws of this system is unnecessary testing on animals to determine risk to human health."

Another PP link to the Natural Resource Defense Council, another 'greenie' organization fighting global warming, animal rights etc. http://www.nrdc.org/wildlife/default.asp
PP shrieks the classic schoolyard refrain by the instigator who strikes out and then screams, 'you can't hit me because I'm wearing glasses'. Some good comes out of PP but it is an organization with an agenda that reaches far beyond and far from its stated intent.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Some of you keep posting about all the other services provided by PP which myself and most others don't object to. However, I don't care if it is 3% or 0.01%. Abortion is abortion and to some that equals murder. I myself am pro-choice, but my point is that there are pro-life taxpayers out there who object to funding an organization that performs abortions, even if the taxpayer money itself isn't technically going towards abortion services.
Well some of us other tax payers don't like our money given to oil companies so they can search for oil to sell to us. Some of us other tax payers do not like the government building roads through our national parks so that logging companies can go in and harvest our forests to sell to Japan and China. Some of us other tax payers do not want our money given to contract companies such as Halliburton for services unknown. Some of us other tax payers do not like our money being sent to other countries especially the ones in the ME, including Egypt and Israel. Some of us other tax payers do not like our government money being given to..........
See how that causes an issue? No, I bet you do not.
Casper

Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,987,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Repub Logic:
  • Defund Planned Parenthood
  • Fund NASCAR
Case Closed.

See ya in 2012
Casper

Such shallow thinking is shocking but not surprising.

Defunding a quasi-political/health care/abortion provider

or

Cut the Pentagon's relatively tiny amount they spend on ADVERTISING

Can't wait til 2012 to kick the rest of the bums out this time.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,241,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well some of us other tax payers don't like our money given to oil companies so they can search for oil to sell to us. Some of us other tax payers do not like the government building roads through our national parks so that logging companies can go in and harvest our forests to sell to Japan and China. Some of us other tax payers do not want our money given to contract companies such as Halliburton for services unknown. Some of us other tax payers do not like our money being sent to other countries especially the ones in the ME, including Egypt and Israel. Some of us other tax payers do not like our government money being given to..........
See how that causes an issue? No, I bet you do not.
Casper
Then keep grilling your representatives in congress about your grievances.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Such shallow thinking is shocking but not surprising
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
]Yes, the Repubs do have shallow thinking and it IS shocking, glad you concur.

Defunding a quasi-political/health care/abortion provider Not quasi at all, but then I guess you missed the Lists of services they provide, myopic reading skills at their best.

or

Cut the Pentagon's relatively tiny amount they spend on ADVERTISING Millions of dollars may be nothing to you but the rest of us disagree.

Can't wait til 2012 to kick the rest of the bums out this time. Yes there will be more cutting, it just won't be the ones you expect.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies