Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:07 AM

45,259 posts, read 26,514,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry but this is not the right process of legislation. This is bully politics. I am sure if dems did this, the right would be all up in arms.
So you were similiarly appalled at how the health care legislation was forced through?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you were similiarly appalled at how the health care legislation was forced through?

Great question! Can't wait to see the lie/deflect/blame tactics in response to it.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,420,738 times
Quote:
c'mon man...this is elementary. two wrongs don't make a right...

so, your thoughts are...the Dems did it, so it's okay for the Repubs now??

so glad i'm not a part of either at this moment...i think one of the greatest political decisions i ever made was when i registered Independent...

Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,281,113 times

" Lesson #1: When you blatantly abuse power, people fight back.
This is Wisconsin Rep Gordon Hintz (D) on the R's process of scheduling votes with just a few minutes notice on the budget bill, or holding them earlier than scheduled, and NOT EVEN GIVING THEM COPIES OF THE BILL, so that democratic representatives aren't there to vote or debate. I was a R for 30 years, and I've never been as ashamed of the republican party as I am right now. My husband was a campaign staffer, and later a key staff member of a republican governor's administration, and I promise you--this is NOT "politics as usual." They need to recall the R leadership in Wisconsin--this is outrageous."""

I am taken aback at how much this post brings to mind Obama's Health Care Bill and how it had to be passed so they could see what was in it.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,374,666 times
I would like to hear what was said before and after. I would be really interested on what the {R} response was if there was one. If? what he said is true that they started to vote 3 min before 5 pm then he has a solid point and I would have been pissed off too.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,218,317 times
Quote:
So are you against the process or the actual legislation?
Do I think union workers need to take concessions to deal with budget realities? Yes. Guess what--the unions did exactly what the governor asked.

I may not agree with everything that unions do, but I think they have a right to exist, and I think they provide a voice for middle class and working class people in this country that needs to be heard. The movement to cut their collective bargaining rights to the point where the unions only exist on paper is the biggest power grab we've seen in a long time in this country, and that's why people are ticked--that and the way the R's in Wisconsin are acting like STREET THUGS in ramming it through.

Voters supported fixing the economy--not this--and that's why there were 80,000 people in Madison each day this weekend. The R's finally crossed the line and managed to do the near impossible--wake up and tick off the middle and working class.

Not every union member is a democrat--have you ever spent much time around Police, Firefighters and teachers? Most of them, however, ARE union members. The R union members are out there protesting against this bill too, along with a whole bunch of concerned citizens, because it's WRONG.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,374,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I am taken aback at how much this post brings to mind Obama's Health Care Bill and how it had to be passed so they could see what was in it.
Here we go another your side did it too, I reckon some do not grow out of elementary school tactics mmmm hmmmm.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Here we go another your side did it too, I reckon some do not grow out of elementary school tactics mmmm hmmmm.
Oh please! Lefties wrote the book on your side did it too/lie/deflect/blame/RUN AWAY.

So if someone from the right does it, all of a sudden it is wrong? How pathetic.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,901,005 times
The R's are doing exactly what they were elected to do, kick @ss and take names...! We are taking the country back from the corruption that has been growing slowly for years. Now the good guys are in charge and the crooked unions are coming to an end..
Fire all those incompetent teachers and administration and get some people who care about the product they turn out...!! All we have teaching now are union sucks..!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,218,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post

" Lesson #1: When you blatantly abuse power, people fight back.
This is Wisconsin Rep Gordon Hintz (D) on the R's process of scheduling votes with just a few minutes notice on the budget bill, or holding them earlier than scheduled, and NOT EVEN GIVING THEM COPIES OF THE BILL, so that democratic representatives aren't there to vote or debate. I was a R for 30 years, and I've never been as ashamed of the republican party as I am right now. My husband was a campaign staffer, and later a key staff member of a republican governor's administration, and I promise you--this is NOT "politics as usual." They need to recall the R leadership in Wisconsin--this is outrageous."""

Don't even go there. If the Democrats had refused to give the R's the Health Care bill, attempted to pass it 4 days after it was initially introduced in the House, refused to allow amendments, and then scheduled votes at the very last minute, and earlier than the notification listed, then you'd have a point. You don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies