Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Beginning with this outrage in WI, we are seeing the beginnings of the backlash against the GOP. People outside CA were suckered into supporting GOP candidates for the midterms, and now are paying the price. It's quite a shame, but good for the Democrats come 2012.

I predict a complete annihilation of GOP candidates in 2012. This country can NEVER forget what Bush and Republicans represent. WI is a clear example of this. Failure of democracy because of GOP. Absolutely.

Who left town, refusing to do the job they were elected to do genius???

You can predict all you want. But the majority already have a negative view of unions. And as soon as more start to realize what this whole collective bargaining and WI deal is about, more will approve of what WI is doing. As soon as people start to realize how much tax payer money is being wasted and abused by unions, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
It's only the Dems saying that they were told that.

Republicans say they're wrong.
Republicans admitted they were wrong.

Wisconsin Democrats rush in as Assembly Republicans convene session early*|*Statehousenewsonline.com (http://statehousenewsonline.com/2011/02/18/wisconsin-democrats-rush-in-as-assembly-republicans-convene-session-early/ - broken link)

Quote:
Assembly Majority Leader Jeff Fitzgerald, R-Horicon, conceded that the Democrats were correct.
“We’re going to go back to the amendable stage of this bill,” he said. “I didn’t think you were going to show up.”

Aside from that completely lame excuse for their trick, I haven't seen any reports that have any of the Republicans involved denying what the Democrats have claimed happened.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Work goes on.

We cannot shut down operations just because a group of chickens are off abusing tax payers money enjoying themselves.

They have been given ample time to return and were told they would be moving on if they did not return.

They chose to not return and the business of the day has to continue.

If they do not want to work they should resign.

Has any of them offered their pay for not being available for the people who voted for them?

The majority of the people are with the GOP on this issue but yet some liberals here believe something else.

I hope they continue to vote on issues without them. It will force them to come back to the state and be on the job they are getting paid to do.

We cannot stop the business of the day just because you have some kids playing little games.

I would give them a 2 day return no questions asked deal and let them know impeachments will be starting on day 3 as they are off the job and taking pay for not being available.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Are you friggin serious?!?!?!

Are you that ignorant or worse?! The POINT is that these clowns skipped town for a week. You want to talk childish?!?!?!! Outrageous?!?!?!! That would be leaving town to another state refusing to do your job!!!!
I love that you're calling somebody ignorant while completely missing the point. This was a vote in the Assembly, NOT the Senate! These Democratic Assemblymen were not the ones who left town, they were in the same building. Why do you think they were there within minutes of the Republicans' trickery?

Please know your facts before you start calling somebody ignorant.

Quote:
My God! They re-took the vote! If the minority cared so much in the first place, they never wouldve left! Or heck, they wouldve been extra early. The immature, cowards left town. And you sit here and try to deflect attention of what all of this is even about in the first place.
The Democratic members of the Assembly hadn't gone anywhere. The Republican leaders of the Assembly said session would start at 5:00, and they started voting several minutes before to pass their legislation without hearing from Democrats.

Again, you're ranting about something you don't understand. It makes you seem like you don't know what you're talking about and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Quote:
I hope they continue to vote on issues without them. It will force them to come back to the state and be on the job they are getting paid to do.
Hey look, somebody else who didn't understand the difference between the State Assembly and the State Senate! I wonder how many posters we'll see in this thread who fail to understand the difference!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I love that you're calling somebody ignorant while completely missing the point. This was a vote in the Assembly, NOT the Senate! These Democratic Assemblymen were not the ones who left town, they were in the same building. Why do you think they were there within minutes of the Republicans' trickery?

Please know your facts before you start calling somebody ignorant.

The Democratic members of the Assembly hadn't gone anywhere. The Republican leaders of the Assembly said session would start at 5:00, and they started voting several minutes before to pass their legislation without hearing from Democrats.

Again, you're ranting about something you don't understand. It makes you seem like you don't know what you're talking about and shouldn't be taken seriously.

The trickery is the dems not being on the job and stealing the tax payers money.

The dems will pay for their child like games in the end and it will spread all over America as people are getting sick of how dems do things from the WH down to the states.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:43 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Are you friggin serious?!?!?!

Are you that ignorant or worse?! The POINT is that these clowns skipped town for a week. You want to talk childish?!?!?!! Outrageous?!?!?!! That would be leaving town to another state refusing to do your job!!!!

My God! They re-took the vote! If the minority cared so much in the first place, they never wouldve left! Or heck, they wouldve been extra early. The immature, cowards left town. And you sit here and try to deflect attention of what all of this is even about in the first place.
I feel your frustration and agree with you and what you said here!!

The left are taught from birth to lie/deflect/blame in order to take the concentration off of what their disasterous party is doing.

The scumbags left town in order to avoid their job (and voting) on something they did not like. They should have had the vote without them.

Their positions should be recalled, and their pay suspended. They skipped out on their job duties and should be held accountable, just like the despicable teachers and lying Doctors writing sick excuses.

The country is seeing the true colors of this rat party and it is only going to bode well for future elections for the Republicans.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The scumbags left town in order to avoid their job (and voting) on something they did not like. They should have had the vote without them.
No surprise, yet another person who doesn't understand that this was a vote in the Assembly, where Democrats were in the same building, and not the Senate, where Democrats have been engaging in a pretty childish stunt!

Democratic Assemblymen were in the building, Republicans just started their session earlier than they told the Democrats they were going to, in order to trick them.

I expect at least half a dozen more in this thread not to understand this distinction.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:51 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I wonder how the republicans connived and deceived democrats into not being present to vote.

The dems are running away in Indiana now too, I see a tread forming here, where dems lose elections, and shut down the government.

It's time to vote out so many dems, that it will not matter if they ever come to the state house to vote, or not vote.

They did it here in Texas in 2003, and since then no democrat has come close to winning a statewide race, plus the republicans have gained a supermajority in the legislature.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:57 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
They did it here in Texas in 2003, and since then no democrat has come close to winning a statewide race, plus the republicans have gained a supermajority in the legislature.
I sure would like to see that happening everywhere!! Good for Texas.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:07 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
Yes, we understood that it was the State Assembly.

Point STILL stands....

Why did the OP NOT mention that the vote was nullified when the Democrats arrived and that it was taken again (with the same outcome btw).
Because that would detract from the OUTRAGE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies