Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:17 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times

Advertisements

Here's the game the R's are trying to play--set the people with not so great jobs against the public employees who at this point, have had more stability. The idea is that the rest of the middle class will fall to the lowest common denominator and start tearing union workers apart because they think someone else has a little bit more than they do. It's divide and conquer.

The point they're missing--people in this country want our leaders to work on helping to create jobs in this country that give MORE people stability and a middle class life--not less. When the R's start doing things like slash unions, cut programs like WIC and education, at the same time that they're cuddled up with big business, and they aren't doing ONE D*MN THING to encourage private sector job creation or help small business, people see through it!! Rather than dividing people, I think the public is finally starting to wake up and get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's the game the R's are trying to play--set the people with not so great jobs against the public employees who at this point, have had more stability. The idea is that the rest of the middle class will fall to the lowest common denominator and start tearing union workers apart because they think someone else has a little bit more than they do. It's divide and conquer.

The point they're missing--people in this country want our leaders to work on helping to create jobs in this country that give MORE people stability and a middle class life--not less. When the R's start doing things like slash unions, cut programs like WIC and education, at the same time that they're cuddled up with big business, and they aren't doing ONE D*MN THING to encourage private sector job creation or help small business, people see through it!! Rather than dividing people, I think the public is finally starting to wake up and get it.
Another talking point cluster bomb...thrown to us by the left.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm not left. Sorry. You really don't get this, do you? The tea party has gone too far. I promise you this--I'm going to get as involved as I can in the republican party again (I've been VERY involved in the past), and, along with a lot of other people I know, I'm going to fight to get more moderates nominated in the primaries. If that fails, I'm voting Democrat on the races where they put up another far right conservative. Is that clear enough for you? Scary part--I'm far from alone on this.
You people have gone too far.

I don't think you get the midwest--we DON'T hate unions.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I wish that were a talking point of the left leaders. It would indicate they have an understanding that they, as yet, don't appear to have. Or maybe they are unwilling to risk it politically. But calling it a talking point as a effort to, somehow, demean it, fails.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes. The Democratic party needs to realize that the Republican machine have taken the gloves off and are going for the jugular. This is the beginning of a fight for the soul of our nation. If they are successful with the public unions the private unions are next. Corporations can eliminate the private unions as there is a large pool of unemployed who will scab the union workers. Next it will be the poor, disadvantaged and the elderly. These people contribute nothing to the corporate bottom line and it will be easy to demonize them as a group as "non-productive leaches". The final cap will be to eliminate all government regulation on corporate enterprise. Government's function will be to enforce moral mandates on individuals. The battle lines are drawn. The Democrats are for "Social responsibility" and the republicans are for "Personal responsibility". Simple as that.

The sky is falling!!
What a crock of bull this is!
I am all for unions , but not for these goons, I am sick to hell of them, they need to be busted, and I for one am glad this Gov has had the balls to do something!! Along with NJ....yipppeee!!
Just think politicians that do not cave in!! It is about frigging time!!!
I am e mailing our new Gov to ask where he is on this, I am glad it is going to the country to the people, I say BRING IT ON!!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Unions have been failing for decades since people figured out they just want to milk the cow dry.I mnay cases its the taxpayers that are that cow.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 PM

89,046 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And the other 29% are Union members who think the taxpayer should pay more.
Hmmm... 29% vs 71%

Not too hard to see how this will play out.

Public employee unions' greed did them in. They only have themselves to blame.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:10 PM

898 posts, read 828,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Interesting question:

Will the Union Busting Spread to places like NYC where professions like sanitation workers, electricians, teachers have collective bargaining agreements?

Everyone is watching "Wiscounsin" -
I sure hope so.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 PM

89,046 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Or maybe they are unwilling to risk it politically.
BINGO!!!

How many Dem politicians are stupid enough to go against the 71% of Americans who do not want to pay any more in any kind of tax to pay for the public employee unions' greedy demands? How many Dem politicians are willing to fall on their swords for this?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Guess what--they're not asking you to pay more!!! The unions in Wisconsin agreed to the budget concessions the governor asked for. This isn't about the budget anymore--it's about keeping the right to collectively bargain. No matter how many times some of you try to say it, the money issue is off the table. This is about pushing a radical conservative agenda now. Most people won't stand for it--do you get that?

okay, then you explain in detail what the collective bargain means,
part of what it is, is to cut out the unions from making dues mandatory, so they can not snatch money from the members to feed to the democrats, $$$$ hundreds of millions they splash every year to buy elections, yes, how radical to want to end this!!
It has nothing to do with a radical conserative agenda, it has everything to do with taking away the power for these goons and we need it!!
The board of education is a frigging joke, the people are tired of this bull
our kids can not read and are flunking out like crazy, there are some good teachers, but there are some that need to have their butts fired, but the unions protect them, it is outragous, so we need reform, NOW!!!
I will not stand for lies to go unchecked, the democrats can never get in office with out the union's power, so they are going to pull out every lie they can, they do not seem to get it though, unlike before, more people are paying attention!
I am so glad Obama put his big mouth in and all the hate signs these idots were holding, the kids they hid behind, the fake doctors notes, the union goons out in force, and one of the best, the democrats runing and hiding like little cowards that they are!
Oh, yeh, they did a great job, now 1,200 public workers are about to be laid off, which is what Walker said he was trying to keep from happening.
These dumb asses over played their hand and now it is growing like wild fire, it is coming to our attention that the states with the right to work passed are doing far better, so let's just see what comes, shall we??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies