Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,917,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
I participated in the anti war protests of the 60's and they were legitimate protests held in legitimate venues. If anything the totalitarian government back then murdered some of us at Kent State.

I don't see that here. What I see is some people are defending the right to protest and others are defending the rule of law. I agree with the right to protest. I don't agree with the actions of 14 cowards who refuse to muster up the intestinal fortitude to particapte in the process they were elected to do in government because they are afraid of the outcome.

This is about 14 Senators who are avoiding the law, that is their sworn duty to uphold the Constitution and the laws of Wisconsin. Can anyone show us where in the Wisconsin Constitution where it is written that a group of elected partisans can flee the state when they disagree with the probable outcome of a vote, any vote?

I see just as much "totalitarian rule" in the current administration as I saw in the last one, and the ones before them for the last 100 years. It's a wash and anyone who thinks one of these parties is any better than the other, needs a lesson in Civics, Politics, History, and Ideologies in the history of the US.
Unless you can make a connection between Walker attempting to close the capitol to the public and the 14 Senators who left the state, this thread is not about the 14 Senators!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,142,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
I wonder how many of the folks in the second video have ever even watched Fox News.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:33 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,395,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Can you please expound on this. I have no idea what you refer to. I am not trying to stuff you, I just don't have the foggiest idea who the ...gunners you refer to are.
I understand because most people don't know there is now a 24 /7 patrol on the Capitol steps armed with fully automatic AK 47's. Also on the roof of the WH as well. Saw them with my own two eyes last March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AYCBQ2hjQ

Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Can you please expound on this. I have no idea what you refer to. I am not trying to stuff you, I just don't have the foggiest idea who the ...gunners you refer to are.
I understand because most people don't know there is now a 24 /7 patrol on the Capitol steps armed with fully automatic AK 47's. Also on the roof of the WH as well. Saw them with my own two eyes last March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AYCBQ2hjQ

Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,700,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Thank you. But I think it is okay to let them fume. I would rather let their real self show.
Yeah, I guess but it's not right to perpetrate the stereotype that indians give something and then take it back. Never in my life have I known an NDN who gave something to someone as a gift and then demanded it back. This is a whiteman's stereotype and has no place in C-D.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,912,452 times
A desperate Walker is stepping up the Tweets.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I wonder how many of the folks in the second video have ever even watched Fox News.
What does that have to do with the statement that these protests are peaceful. That statement is either naive or an out and out lie. I chose to give the poster the reasonable doubt and choose the former rather than the latter.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,142,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Actually, that may have been debunked. I'm on my laptop (without my earphones) and not in a place where I can actually listen to and watch the video (so if someone else can google it and find it, it would help) but I saw something this morning about how a person in the crowd came forward with a separate video of the entire encounter with the FOX reporter, and someone basically touched his shoulder--according to that video, they're saying that no one hit him, punched him, or threatened him. If it was any other network I'd give the reporter the benefit of the doubt, but FOX has a record of telling BIG fibs for political purposes, It makes it especially compelling that no one else in the media (or the police) have reported problems. I find it highly unlikely that one person in a crowd of of a hundred thousand would be the only one to have problems...unless he made it all up.
I guess you also don't watch Fox News, or else you would know that this particular reporter is a standup guy. Not that I think any of them would make something like this up, but if you watch the videos you can clearly see he is being harassed and it does not surprise me that these people ramped it up a bit just b/c of their hatred for the other side.

ETA: Please post the video to which you're referring (the one that "debunks" Tobin's claims).

Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,917,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
King Obama refuses to allow the people into the people's White House!!!!
FYI, no one wants access to the governor's mansion!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,700,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I guess you also don't watch Fox News, or else you would know that this particular reporter is a standup guy. Not that I think any of them would make something like this up, but if you watch the videos you can clearly see he is being harassed and it does not surprise me that these people ramped it up a bit just b/c of their hatred for the other side.

ETA: Please post the video to which you're referring (the one that "debunks" Tobin's claims).
It's not "hatred" it's fear based on past experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies