Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,117,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821
Oh, I get it, so it's okay to resort to battery when things aren't going your way? It's okay to threaten to break someone's neck just b/c they are reporting what is going on? Typical leftie thinking, keep it up, you're proving our point.

FNC’s Mike Tobin Punched, Heckled in Attempt to Deliver Wisc. Reports « Fox News Insider

This was the original quote. If nobody has anything to say about the fact that all of a sudden it's okay for liberals to punch and threaten conservative reporters, then I don't even know what to say. Arguing about whether a punch is battery or assault, whether the news reporter was upset over it or whether there is footage of it is irrelevant. My point is that lefties think they are exempt from normal social behavior and that violence is okay as long as it's against the other side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,117,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Did it occur to you that the person who was apparently punched is the one opposed to the story being perpetuated in that way?

So, why would everything happen on camera, just not the punching? Do you seriously believe that stupidity or must continue to support Fox News claims because you feel obligated to?
Just like the person who threatened Tobin was off camera, perhaps the puncher was as well. They did not have Tobin on the screen at the time of the incident, so maybe that's why there's not footage. I have no idea. But to say it didn't happen is mean-spirited. Why can't you just admit that some of these folks are out there to do harm and not good? Admit that your side did something wrong. But no, it's easier to deny and then promptly stick your head in the sand.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am in favor of public opinion and the right to practice free speech to express these opinions.

FYI,the capitol is the peoples' building, not the governor's.

This is NOT what democracy looks like
First, we are NOT a democracy. We are a Republic. A democracy is mob rule. That is what we see trying to happen in Wisconsin and elsewhere.

Secondly, as I posted below, the Constitution (First Amendment) says that the "..right of the people peaceably to assemble...". These union protesters are acting like thugs, and they are not peaceful.

Third, you referred to Governor Walker as "King Walker". How do you feel about Obama, who is usurping the Constitution, ignoring the rulings of Federal judges, refusing to defend certain laws of the land that were passed by huge majorities, and implementing his agenda items by edict, bypassing Congress. Is that not behavior unlike a King or a dictator?

This man (Obama) has committed numerous impeachable offenses. But who will impeach him? Not his Progressive buddies in the Senate.

I stand with Walker! He is doing right.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
No public danger? A building filled with too many people is definitely a public danger. Especially when they're up on the second floor balcony, all those people surging behind the folks next to the railing could easily lead to a fall. That's why they have capacity limits, and I'm quite sure those were exceeded repeatedly.

Then you have people who need to pee...if they're basically stuck in the middle of a crowd, and they can't really move much, where do you think they're going to go? A disgusting thought, I realize, but it adds to the public safety argument as I wouldn't doubt that it happened more than once over the last two weeks.
Busy imagination. If people were peeing on the floor in there, FOX would definitly be reporting it!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
What do you mean he disagrees? Disagrees with what? He was punched and threatened. You have to watch the video to know what's going on....
I think we could watch the video in extremely slow motion multiple times and not see WTH you are referring to! Why wouldn't the camera man record this "battery" for evidence. Did the camera man stop the camera during the "battery" attack to rescue the reporter or what?

Old 03-01-2011, 01:09 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,387,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

There is absolutely no substance to this video.

OK...You are merely being stubborn now. Convinced now or do you have another BS excuse to admit what I am saying is the truth? I yi yi

Armed guard on Capitol steps pictures from virginia photos on webshots

Armed guard on Capitol steps pictures from virginia photos on webshots

Date uploaded: May 19, 2007

Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
It's simply the typical way Liberals deflect from what they KNOW they cannot defend.
I would call them Progressives not liberals. But anyway...

Bingo Give this poster today's prize for being pithy and truthful.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
First, we are NOT a democracy. We are a Republic. A democracy is mob rule. That is what we see trying to happen in Wisconsin and elsewhere.

Secondly, as I posted below, the Constitution (First Amendment) says that the "..right of the people peaceably to assemble...". These union protesters are acting like thugs, and they are not peaceful.

Third, you referred to Governor Walker as "King Walker". How do you feel about Obama, who is usurping the Constitution, ignoring the rulings of Federal judges, refusing to defend certain laws of the land that were passed by huge majorities, and implementing his agenda items by edict, bypassing Congress. Is that not behavior unlike a King or a dictator?

This man (Obama) has committed numerous impeachable offenses. But who will impeach him? Not his Progressive buddies in the Senate.

I stand with Walker! He is doing right.
Very well said...

Huey Long had a campaign song: "Here Come the Kingfish, the Kingfish,....... the Kingfish going to save this land!" Reminds me of Obama

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Do you ever read? I already went over this.

Did it ever occur to you that things can happen OFF CAMERA?
Quote:
Fear of the truth? Of losing some of their members after hearing the truth?
Quote:
Do you ever stay on topic? If you have nothing to add, please hush.
Quote:
Seriously, you need to read what has been said and respond appropriately. If you can't keep up, stay off CD.
Quote:
If you are too dense to put 2 and 2 together, I don't know what to tell you. I can only explain it so many times.
And you accuse others of being rude? Who died and made you mod?

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Actually, this is what true Democracy, or what the founders called "mob rule" and were very much against, warned us about, looks like. That is why we have a Representative Republic.

The concept of a public building being the "people's building" is quaint and has, at an ethereal level, great meaning, but it doesn't mean that it can be infested at-will by any manner of horde, interferring, most deliberatly, in the conduct of the people's business.

That fact that this difference is not apparent in your post is disturbing. Hopefully, not very many Americans are in favor of this sort of mob-rule.

Would you be in favor of a mob of "right wingers" doing the same thing to the White House? Or the Senate Chambers?
You know the answer. You also know what the OP would think of a President Palin and an AG Mark Levin who decided not to defend Roe v. Wade anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies