Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,887,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
I was there one year ago in March of 2010 and there were machine gunners not only on the Capitol steps, so one can't just walk into the Capitol up those steps, but one can also see the machine gunners on top of the WH as well. But don't take my word for it, here are some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AYCBQ2hjQ

There is absolutely no substance to this video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 12:41 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,131,280 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the statement that these protests are peaceful. That statement is either naive or an out and out lie. I chose to give the poster the reasonable doubt and choose the former rather than the latter.
I was agreeing with you. I doubt any of them have ever watched Fox News, so their little chant about Fox lying has no bearing on anything. It's mob mentality at its finest...which means they'll do just about anything, including resort to violence.

Last edited by andrea3821; 03-01-2011 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: wrong emoticon

Old 03-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It's not "hatred" it's fear based on past experience.
Fear of the truth? Of losing some of their members after hearing the truth?

38,496 posts, read 25,887,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
No public danger? A building filled with too many people is definitely a public danger. Especially when they're up on the second floor balcony, all those people surging behind the folks next to the railing could easily lead to a fall. That's why they have capacity limits, and I'm quite sure those were exceeded repeatedly.

Then you have people who need to pee...if they're basically stuck in the middle of a crowd, and they can't really move much, where do you think they're going to go? A disgusting thought, I realize, but it adds to the public safety argument as I wouldn't doubt that it happened more than once over the last two weeks.
So you are actually concerned about the safety and well being of these protesters? Some how I think NOT!

1,496 posts, read 3,391,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

There is absolutely no substance to this video.
Deny deny deny...LOL

You didn't see the guards with the guns? You must be blind. Did you hear the reactions of the people. Deny it all you want but it is the truth that there are armed guards on the Capitol steps with AK 47 machine guns.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:43 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,224,782 times
Quote:
I guess you also don't watch Fox News, or else you would know that this particular reporter is a standup guy. Not that I think any of them would make something like this up, but if you watch the videos you can clearly see he is being harassed and it does not surprise me that these people ramped it up a bit just b/c of their hatred for the other side.

ETA: Please post the video to which you're referring (the one that "debunks" Tobin's claims).
Actually I do (I channel flip news a lot), and I was watching this weekend when it happened. The anchor was going off--asking if he was ok and talking about how "dangerous it must be out there" and at THAT time he said that someone "bumped" his arm, and that it shouldn't be made into more than it was, and that it didn't come close to the level of assault. Now it's turned into a violent attack? Like I said, someone else evidently taped the whole thing--I'll have to look for it when I'm home. Right now I'm sitting at the Dentist's office waiting for kids with appointments, I don't have my earphones, and I don't want to play video here.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,391,784 times
Quote:
I was agreeing with you. I doubt any of them have ever watched Fox News, so their little chant about Fox lying has no bearing on anything. It's mob mentality at its finest...which means they'll do just about anything, including resort to violence.
I apologise I didn't mean to come across as disagreeable. I understand that many people who criticize FNC don't watch it. It's their ignorant way of showing thier stupidity. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So you are actually concerned about the safety and well being of these protesters? Some how I think NOT!
It's a public building. Anyone who is violating the law there should be removed. Simple. And yes, when I saw the videos of them up on the second floor like that, it did worry me a bit.

13,778 posts, read 9,688,975 times
Quote:
Deny deny deny...LOL

You didn't see the guards with the guns? You must be blind. Did you hear the reactions of the people. Deny it all you want but it is the truth that there are armed guards on the Capitol steps with AK 47 machine guns.

Just shows how off the mark you are. No American security agency uses AK47s as primary weapons. They use, M4s, HK-MP5s and variations of the M16. Maybe in "World of Warcraft" they do.

31,767 posts, read 28,880,514 times
Quote:
Oh, I get it, so it's okay to resort to battery when things aren't going your way? It's okay to threaten to break someone's neck just b/c they are reporting what is going on? Typical leftie thinking, keep it up, you're proving our point.

FNC’s Mike Tobin Punched, Heckled in Attempt to Deliver Wisc. Reports « Fox News Insider
Mike Tobin disagrees. But that is not enough sensationalism material for the righties, is it? At what point in the video was he "punched"? Or is that just the kind of plain old lie that will keep Fox News out of Canada, at least for now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies