Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,264,386 times

Advertisements

This has to be the only country in the world where poor uneducated conservatives will rally mass in front of steps of the nation's capital to cut taxes on income they will never see in their lifetimes.

Ask any conservative if we should eliminate the estate tax. 99% of them will be for the complete elimination of it.

Who does the estate tax concern? Certainly not joe the plumber, yet he will fight tooth and nail to get rid of it?

Why?

Does he think somehow the Koch Brother aristocracy will somehow benefit him?

I simply don't get it. That's like the citizens of Saudi Arabia fighting to cut the taxes of the Saudi King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
That's the million dollar question. And everytime i've gotten an answer, it's been a ridiculous one.

And not just southerners...ALL working class and lower working class conservatives no matter what location.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's the million dollar question. And everytime i've gotten an answer, it's been a ridiculous one.

And not just southerners...ALL working class and lower working class conservatives no matter what location.
If I thought that the money taken out of the economy would ACTUALLY get used to lower the debt instead of merely to pay for some moonbat entitlement program I would support it.

What is so hard to understand though, about the concept that if you take money out of the economy there is less floating around for everyone to use?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Because we're smart enough to know you don't get jobs from poor people and that what is considered the upper tax bracket will get lowered as more rich people either go broke or leave the country to avoid excessive redistribution ov wealth taxes and fees.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
This has to be the only country in the world where poor uneducated conservatives will rally mass in front of steps of the nation's capital to cut taxes on income they will never see in their lifetimes.

Ask any conservative if we should eliminate the estate tax. 99% of them will be for the complete elimination of it.

Who does the estate tax concern? Certainly not joe the plumber, yet he will fight tooth and nail to get rid of it?

Why?

Does he think somehow the Koch Brother aristocracy will somehow benefit him?

I simply don't get it. That's like the citizens of Saudi Arabia fighting to cut the taxes of the Saudi King.
Not everyone sees the world through the lens of "how can that guy's money benefit me." It's about the role of government and equal opportunity to succeed or fail on your own.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
If I thought that the money taken out of the economy would ACTUALLY get used to lower the debt instead of merely to pay for some moonbat entitlement program I would support it.

What is so hard to understand though, about the concept that if you take money out of the economy there is less floating around for everyone to use?
Nothing is hard about it. Which is why i don't understand why we're taking so many billions out of the taxpayers pockets to pay for dumb wars.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Somehow they all believe they will become the wealthy plantation owner and would object to having to pay estate taxes when they become rich. This is the primary result of a generation’s long propaganda campaign by the wealthy that will benefit from the elimination of inheritance taxes.

I believe these taxes should be at a 90% rate over 10 million dollars to prevent and/or eliminate the establishment of a perpetually wealth aristocratic class.

PS: If a wealthy citizen leaves this country he should be forced to leave both his wealth and his citizenship behind!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,763 times
If people keep more of their own money they can give more to elect conservatives who will allow us to keep more of our money .
If people are required by law to pay even more taxes it will go to unions that will be forced to pay dues that go to elect democrats that will raise all of our taxes more to pay off unions .

Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nothing is hard about it. Which is why i don't understand why we're taking so many billions out of the taxpayers pockets to pay for dumb wars.
I wouldn't be opposed to closing a lot of overseas bases and at some point we need to tell Iraq and Afghanistan they have to stand on their own.

There used to be a time when the US was an isolationist country....we might be better off if we'd lean a bit more that direction than we have in the last 60 years.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
If people keep more of their own money they can give more to elect conservatives who will allow us to keep more of our money .
If people are required by law to pay even more taxes it will go to unions that will be forced to pay dues that go to elect democrats that will raise all of our taxes more to pay off unions .
Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies