Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:34 PM

866 posts, read 1,561,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No, diversity is a GOOD thing.

Montanans are damned proud they're not Utahans.
Utah is more diverse than Montana, (85% non-Hispanic white Vs 90%), though they're not really diverse in either state.

And we're called Utahns, only one 'a'.

On original topic, a national ID doesn't really bother me too much.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,065,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Imagine a future where you are not able to drive a car, get on a plane, get on a train, vote, enter a federal building, open a bank account or
get a job without a national ID card.

You don't think that could ever happen in America?

Well, you might want to brush up on the Real ID Act because it is going
to go into effect on May 11, 2011 unless something is done to stop it.

A National ID Card For American Citizens? Get Ready – The Real ID Act Goes Into Effect On May 11
When's the last time you did any of those things, with the exception getting on a train or entering a federal building, without needing ID??

Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
YOU are the ONLY one talking about chips, ummmm chips, I think I have some around here some where and maybe even some dip to go with them.
Casper
Passports and many driver licenses have chips on them.
Other states could not afford the equipment.
With the Fed doing this ID they will be able to put the equipment in every state to chip.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
Imagine the day your are going to get on a plane to go home to see your wife and kid, That morning you woke up and life was a normal day. You look at the sky and don't think twice about it, you notice that the cab smells a bit. The airport is busy but the flight attendant is nice. You kick back in the window seat.
Then a man with a knife puts you in a position where you have to realize that no matter what your never going to watch your daughter's wedding, see your sons baseball game smell you wife's perfume, walk the dog, wash the car or see the sky.
Your wife sees on TV that your plane has been forced into the ground in Pennsylvania, they say no survivors. The safety net is pulled from under her. No stupid questions in the morning asking if there is coffee made, no one to say dam the news paper is wet. What dose she tell the kids, should she pull them from school, who will fix that leaky faucet.
But the kids do get to say there dad was a hero. That's always cool
I'll take the ID card thank you.
Wow..you need to just lock all the doors and get everything delivered from now on and have them leave it at the door and back away.

I certainly hope you are not afraid to see your own shadow.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..you need to just lock all the doors and get everything delivered from now on and have them leave it at the door and back away.

I certainly hope you are not afraid to see your own shadow.
I'm not afraid to show who I am. I don't worry about a card with my photo on it.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
I have an issue with this. Why does the federal gov need to verify my papers to be able to live?

Where is my right to privacy?

Why do i have to have my ID scanned to return something to a store or buy say a video game. What happened to just looking at the id to verify the age?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I have an issue with this. Why does the federal gov need to verify my papers to be able to live?

Where is my right to privacy?

Why do i have to have my ID scanned to return something to a store or buy say a video game. What happened to just looking at the id to verify the age?
Massive database of everything you do.
Data mining can be used to track all your purchases and raise a flag if you purchase items a typical terrorist does like for a bomb.

So lighten up on the fertilizer purchases once you get that ID

Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,903 times
You give as much info when you apply for a Home Depo credit card
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies