Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How about the fact this administration has been continuing to implement Obamacare even after it was ruled unconstitutional in its entirety?

Does the LSM care?
I find it fascinating that neither side in the current political wars has the courage of its convictions.

The Left knew it wanted socialized health care and a government takeover. They should have pushed THAT through and let the chips fall.

The Right knows it can't make meaningful progress toward sane fiscal policy without cutting the defense budget. They should bite the bullet and tell the damn TRUTH to the American people.

What ever happened to "We've got a better idea. Here it is, here's why it's better, and here's what it's going to take"?

Gutless. All of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 10:15 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,934 times
This administration is turning into a bad car wreck.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 PM

I was never prouder of my country than when we elected an African-American president.

I will, however, be disappointed in it if he is re-elected.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Lets not forget the left wing nuts whined for years about the Gitmo detainees not getting speedy trials.

Well, more then 2 years later no trails and not one mention of the KSM trial that Obamadung botched up.

Obama has been an utter screw up from day one with nothing but our money in his pocket to show for it.

The worst political mistake in American history was the elected of this popcorn stand errand boy.

He is a fraud, a liar and a scam artist.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM

132 posts, read 159,508 times
I don't mean to be a party pooper but the I think the main reason behind this decision is the fact that congress blocked the transfer of detainees to US soil. Which made it impossible to give them a civil trial. Obama has little options if he wants to close the camp.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBIF View Post
I don't mean to be a party pooper but the I think the main reason behind this decision is the fact that congress blocked the transfer of detainees to US soil. Which made it impossible to give them a civil trial. Obama has little options if he wants to close the camp.
Yeah. Poor guy. His hands are tied.

Jeezus. You'd think he'd been elected dogcatcher.

"Well, I promised to close Guantanamo and end the tribunals. But, heckfire, I can't do a thing. Those meanies in Congress won't let me. They made me escalate in Afghanistan, too. I didn't want to. Had to. Next thing you know, we won't be able to have a national Christmas tree. Just a Ramadan bush. "

Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
"Executive Internship..."

I believe that may be the best description i've heard of his Presidency yet!!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ah...yes. We ALL remember the rhetoric about Gitmo...don't we? We ALL remember how much this fraud demonized Bush, don't we?

Just look at this.

I'm sure the Left will respond in their normal fashion...silence.
The very first act as President....Executive Order to close Gitmo. It was a terrible idea then, and as the President is finding out, it was not a good decision. How's that for a strikeout on your first at bat? LOL

See what happens when you put a unpatriotic, Chicago-bred, weakling in office?

Trying to be the Anti-Bush was the worst decision this President has made. Sadly, he thought it was the right decision to take that track.

I sit here a tad bit befungled at how Liberals let themselves get snookered so badly. It's almost humorous.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
A a former and failed attorney, Obama has never learned to check things out before he opens his mouth and stick his foot into it.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I guess promises are made to be broken. First we escalate in Afghanistan, now this:

Obama orders Guantánamo tribunals to resume. Is he abandoning his pledge? - CSMonitor.com

I wonder when the people who voted for this guy are going to call him to account. The Obama Presidency is beginning to resemble LBJ's more and more every day: unfunded entitement programs enacted by a craven Congress, while military adventurism and escalation abound.

The reliably left-wing MSM yammers on about Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich -- two people who do not even hold office -- while ignoring the Obama administration's flirtation with bankruptcy and ill-informed international entanglements.

The President hems and haws over the places where we should be involved, like Libya, but plunges ahead into the Afghan rathole. How long does the executive internship last for this guy? Enough speeches. Enough scapegoating of Bush. The time to GOVERN is long overdue.
The damage caused by Bush/Cheney in GITMO has been done, who cares how long it takes to close? Getting the individual cases resolved is what is needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies