Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times

Advertisements

If the left wants a TV/RADIO soapbox to further their agenda and views they should be the ones paying for it.

As 'smart' as they 'claim' to be, you'd think they would realize this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am still trying to find out what the guy from NPR said that was wrong?
Well, it's probably because you agree with the sentiments. Apparently, NPR management does not.

See, his ranting about the TP, Christians and the Right come straight from the far left talking points.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default It's OK to be anti-racist

Nothing wrong with being anti-racist. NPR exec is right to call it what it is. Tea Party in decline, so I can understand their sensitivity. It hits home however.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Nothing wrong with being anti-racist. NPR exec is right to call it what it is. Tea Party in decline, so I can understand their sensitivity. It hits home however.
Please, stop , you're killing me over here.

Did you miss the last election?

Juan - Told you so;

Juan Williams Responds to NPR Sting: 'They Prostitute Themselves for Money' - Npr - Fox Nation

Quote:
They will say things to your face about how there’s no liberal orthodoxy at NPR, how they play it straight, but now you see it for what it is.

Williams said Schiller’s remarks about the Jews dominating the newspaper industry was “outright anti-Semitism,†and labeling Tea Party members “gun-toting†“racists†reveals “their real feelings.†This is how they talk in boardrooms and editorial meetings, explained Williams. “This is how they really feel.â€
Yes, it is, but not just at NPR. You will find the same in the editorial boards and newsroom in the MSM as well.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You forgot a few.

Nodding and continue to eat as they claim MB affiliation.

Repeat the "zionist" comments with not a care.

Tea Party patriots are racist.
MB affiliation - nodding and continuing to eat could just be what someone does when someone says something they either don't agree with, care about or have no comment to - it happens all the time in social situations. I don't think they would react to it the same way, as let's say a Fox News person would

Schiller calls the Tea Party "fanatically involved in people's personal lives and very fundamentally Christian— I wouldn't even call it Christian...basically, they believe in white, middle America, gun-toting—it's pretty scary. They're seriously racist, racist people." I guess that's
his opinion. I know not all Tea Partiers are that way,
especially the Ron Paul ones

When the man pretending to be Kasaam suggests to Schiller that “Jews do kind of control the media or, I mean, certainly the Zionists and the people who have the interests in swaying media coverage toward a favorable direction of Israel,†Schiller does not chime in. He just nods his head slightly.

When the Islamists declare they’re “not too upset about maybe a little bit less Jew influence of money into NPR,†Schiller responds by saying he doesn’t find “Zionist or pro-Israel†ideas at NPR, “even among funders. I mean it’s there in those who own newspapers, obviously, but no one owns NPR.

Read more: NPR Executives Caught On Video | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

It's obvious he doesn't like Tea Party folk. It's his
opinion - and frankly a lot feel that way. He was not
saying it on air.

I see the whole tape as it is. I would love to be a fly on
the wall hearing right wingers talk about Obama and the

And I never honestly thought of PBS as a real liberal station. I watch it frequently. And I support it.
I don't hear the usually garbage you hear on FOX or MSNBC.

Schiller has only been with NPR/PBS a little over two
years. I don't think this little sneaky sneak has any
effect on the history and long term contributions
PBS has made. I just don't see it.

But, If I was a Tea Partier - I'd be pretty pissed off.
But then it's not like the Tea Partiers are oblivious to
what others say about them.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am still trying to find out what the guy from NPR said that was wrong?
Listen to it again and keep in mind he thought he was talking with a Muslim brotherhood representative.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:16 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Neither do you, so save your "feedback".

Oopps. 2010 election, where conservatism rose up and gave the dems an historic shellacking.

This country is 40+% conservative, about 18% liberal and of that 18%, about 15% is the fringe.

Seems NPR has an inordinate about of the fringe Left working for it, which is why the NPR exec caught on tape spews the Left's talking points so brilliantly.
Oopps indeed. Don't forget that Obama beat McCain in the popular vote by over 9.5 million votes. Be sure to continue to rest in that confidence that liberals/moderates will let the Republicans win again at state or national levels.....especially considering things like what Walker is doing in WI......and what crazy, extremist right wingers are out there on the Republican side, like Palin, Hickabee, and Newt!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Bedford View Post
I'm pretty sure a majority of the public is behind Walker.
You bet they are.

NPR not happy with Schiller, the Christian, Tea Party hater.

Weigel : NPR Cans Ronald Schiller

Quote:
The comments contained in the video released today are contrary to everything we stand for, and we completely disavow the views expressed. NPR is fair and open minded about the people we cover. Our reporting reflects those values every single day – in the civility of our programming, the range of opinions we reflect and the diversity of stories we tell.
Yeah sure...nobody believes it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lliams-firing/

Some on the Left will go to great lengths and spin to excuse the behavior of these two and the unbelievable comments, but the guy who made those comments is now apologizing....for being caught, I'm sure.

Quote:
Late Tuesday evening, the executive in question, Senior Vice President for Fundraising Ron Schiller, issued an apology and said that his already-announced resignation would be effective immediately, instead of in May as planned. Schiller had announced last week that he was leaving NPR for a job with the Aspen Institute.
See, entities like NPR, which tries to deny and hide their clear bias and ideology, eventually will get bitten by the facade they put up sooner or later.

Quote:
"While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR's values and also not reflective of my own beliefs," Schiller said in a statement.
Liar.

Last edited by sanrene; 03-08-2011 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 08:12 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Bedford View Post
I'm pretty sure a majority of the public is behind Walker.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

p.s. Pretty convenient timing, Nathan.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The delusions from the Left are getting nuttier by the day. How is the Tea Party in decline when they were the ones who kicked the Dummycrats' out of their seats this past mid-election?

Liberal groupthink: If you believe in lower taxes, smaller government, and lowering the deficit you must be a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies