Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times

Advertisements

Schiller was right. Sorry that he left, but his job was fundraising not reporting the news, and who cares what a persons opinions are unless they taint the production of the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 02:31 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I listen to a fair amount of NPR radio, and 90% of the hosts are liberals, and they conduct themselves as liberals. What I mean by that, is that these liberal hosts, when interviewing a republican or conservative, actually do a good job of challenging them to back up their claims and offer proof or facts. When the guest is a lib or a Democratic politician they seldom if ever challenge their assertions or refute their facts.

When the host, guest and caller are all libs, which is most of the time, the most commonly uttered phrase on NPR is "Oh, I agree".
Of course. But what network isn't biased? Please, tell me a single radio or TV station within the US that isn't totally biased one way or the other. If you can name one, one single one, I will be impressed.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I think the hosts on NPR are incapable of separating their politics from their jobs as hosts. The liberal guest and caller get a complete pass from their liberal hosts. Even their guests are chosen from liberal academia or liberal news organizations, such as the NYT, Boston Globe, LA Times, Chicago Sun-Times etc...

I want everyone to be questioned, and asked to back up their claims and reveal where they get their facts from. If someone is talking out their ass, then expose them for it. But on NPR, if you are a lib, you can pretty much get away with lies, half truths, rumors as fact and broad generalizations, because the liberal hosts will not challenge you.

For example, if you are a guest, and you make wild claims of global warming gloom and doom, the hosts will comment on how bad we have it coming. But if you express doubt that CO2 is causing global warming, the hosts and callers will treat you like someone who thinks the earth is flat, and cut you to pieces.
Sounds an awful lot like Fox News. You can pretty much get away with any BS on Fox News as long as it pleases the right-winged audience. Sound familiar?

If you're going to call NPR out on it, call everyone out on it. All the networks do it. Reporting has become less and less neutral and professional with time. If you want a balanced view, you have to check several sources and come to your own conclusions, or rely on your news from newspapers and networks from outside the U.S., where the concept of the neutral reporter still exists.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I think the hosts on NPR are incapable of separating their politics from their jobs as hosts. The liberal guest and caller get a complete pass from their liberal hosts. Even their guests are chosen from liberal academia or liberal news organizations, such as the NYT, Boston Globe, LA Times, Chicago Sun-Times etc...

I want everyone to be questioned, and asked to back up their claims and reveal where they get their facts from. If someone is talking out their ass, then expose them for it. But on NPR, if you are a lib, you can pretty much get away with lies, half truths, rumors as fact and broad generalizations, because the liberal hosts will not challenge you.

For example, if you are a guest, and you make wild claims of global warming gloom and doom, the hosts will comment on how bad we have it coming. But if you express doubt that CO2 is causing global warming, the hosts and callers will treat you like someone who thinks the earth is flat, and cut you to pieces.
I agree! I think all networks should be held to the same standard--including liberal, conservative, and moderate news sources. Reporters shouldn't be able to get away with reporting half-truths or complete lies, period. All sources of NEWS should be held to a high standard of accuracy AND neutrality.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9OY...layer_embedded

NPR Executives Caught On Video | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Well, since these two seem to think NPR should forgo federal funding and will be perfectly fine without it, I'd say this tape might be the nail in coffin.

Just listen to this guy as he talks about the American people - what a disgrace. This liberal, biased executive has been outed.
Frankly, I'm offended that the "film makers" would portray Muslims as racists.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
What I got from the video......

Islamists 'I'm buying'

NPR rubes 'We're selling'

Old 03-08-2011, 02:50 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
NPR is propaganda for the 'educated' elite libs, right? Rotfl.

Our tax dollars at work, folks. Defund NPR.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default NPR Exec under fire for speaking truth about Tea Party

It's common knowledge what the Tea Party represents. This man speaking the truth.

NPR exec caught bashing Tea Partiers as 'racist' - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Right, and Stalin was a great man who is just misunderstood

Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Because everyone that doesn't subscribe to the Obama cult of personality is obviously racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies