Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Ever notice those that say NPR is biased are the ones who don't watch it?

Ever notice it's Repugs who want to cut funding to NPR and need some flimsy excuse? (And paid supporters to promote their agenda)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
BS, they know the Muslim Brotherhood is there to effect them in some way because of their position with NPR, the Muslim Brotherhood wasn't just there to sell them some headless Muslim scout cookies IMO.

No excuse, they should have known better and this is IMO just like acorn and shows NPR are a branch of the Democrat party machine and should be refunded for at least their so called news and political shows.
If we hold any TV or radio station to the standard of political neutrality, we'll have to remove all the U.S. networks. I can't even think of one that isn't left- or right-winged. The reporting field as we know it will be gone.

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Where is this rule written? This is damning evidence that there is a predetermined mindset at NPR (not to mention a snotty condescension and rank prejudice against those with whom your typical limousine liberal disagrees.) Limbaugh and O'Reilly are commentators, not reporters. NPR holds itself out to be an unbiased news organization. That is a steaming pile of doggie doots. We've long known it. This just reifies it.

I work in a war environment.
I am anti-war.
Are you saying that I can't be both?

Reporters report.
That's their only job.

Your post seems to say that you don't like educated people who report the news.
NPR is an unbiased news organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
NPR is something I won't miss if it gets defunded. I could do without the annoying pronounciation of the word "reeeeeeely" (really) and countless sentences starting with the word: "So,". "Writer's Almanac" also gets on my nerves. Keillor loves to wax poetic on the sex lives of famous writers -- right about the time my kids come down for breakfast ...but I digress. Hilarious punking job by Project Veritas, though!
Is someone forcing you to listen to NPR now?
You can simply turn it off.

The other thread has some interesting links to NPR funding.
You might want to look at it.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ever notice those that say NPR is biased are the ones who don't watch it?

Ever notice it's Repugs who want to cut funding to NPR and need some flimsy excuse? (And paid supporters to promote their agenda)?
Ever notice how 90% of the time, people call out the biases of the TV and radio stations that oppose their own political views, but rarely mention the biases of their own favorite TV or radio stations?

Is NPR biased? Probably. I admit it's hard for me to tell cause I agree with most of what they present. Is Fox News biased? Definitely. That's easy for me to tell cause I disagree with most of what they say. I can't be bothered to listen to or watch for too long either because the U.S. hasn't had a neutral newspaper, network, or radio station, in the longest time.

That said, maybe people should hold up a mirror to themselves a bit more often and realize they do the exact same thing they LOVE accusing the opposing political party of doing. Easy to throw insults at the other guy, hard to see the same faults in yourself.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I work in a war environment.
I am anti-war.
Are you saying that I can't be both?

Reporters report.
That's their only job.

Your post seems to say that you don't like educated people who report the news.
NPR is an unbiased news organization.
Yup, and some think NPR is biased because it reports facts....which don't make Repugs look too good...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
In the meeting with the "brotherhood" boys, he is representing NPR.
Was Rush Limbaugh representing conservatives when he said this?

Quote:
Limbaugh says, “I’m just gonna tell you, if I was named envoy to Haiti, I’d quit government. Envoy to Haiti? You can’t even pick up a prostitute down there without genuine fear of AIDS.†This comment of Rush Limbaugh has hurt the sentiments of people.
Rush Limbaugh Comments On Quake Struck Haiti

Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nothing to see here folks, just move along.

In the grand scheme of things the 90 million the gov. gives to NPR is a drop in the Obama debt bucket but I'm sure you could feed a lot of hungry children with 90 million a year.

Were they biased about these things - seems pretty
on target to me. Kind of reminded me of a family member, apologizing for their crazy uncle.

I see no smoking gun. Only that they
could survive with out the government money, but at
the expense of "dark" stations - which would be a loss for those folks who watch those stations.

I love PBS. And whether they get public funding or not,
I will still support them.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Where is this rule written? This is damning evidence that there is a predetermined mindset at NPR (not to mention a snotty condescension and rank prejudice against those with whom your typical limousine liberal disagrees.) Limbaugh and O'Reilly are commentators, not reporters. NPR holds itself out to be an unbiased news organization. That is a steaming pile of doggie doots. We've long known it. This just reifies it.
What unbiased news did they report? What news did this meeting have an influence on?

Perhaps these reporters were doing the same thing that the impostors were doing, playing a role to learn further about the situation.

Please give an example of the "biased news" that NPR aired as a result of this meeting.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
NPR reporters can be as biased and politically incorrect as they want off the air, as long as they try to maintain a sense of professional neutrality on the air, which I would say a good deal of them do. The same goes for any radio station or TV channel. Even reporters have their own opinions. Who knows what O'Reilly or Limbaugh say off-air? Who cares? They're entitled to their opinions. The only words we're allowed to hold them responsible for are the ones on air, and it's only the on-air words that count towards how biased or unbiased the station is.
That was exactly the first thought that crossed my mind as I read the OP. Maybe the OP thinks that thought police should follow people around to monitor their "personal" opinions.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
It's pretty funny that the same idiots who lost their minds over the Walker phone call are here defending NPR and their biased leaders. I don't care if NPR is biased, just do it without gov. money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies