Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Barack Obama Be A One-term President?
YES 47 59.49%
NO 32 40.51%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
God, I sure hope so.

I voted yes, although there is a chance he'll survive.
LOL

Well, you KNOW the GOP will lose when the best their favorite paid poster can say is "God, I sure hope so".

I've said ALL along - and I'll say it AGAIN: Obama will win EASILY - REALLY REALLY easily. History has shown that Presidents pretty much ALWAYS get re-elected when the economy is clearly in recovery mode (which it has been the case for the last year or more) - and it will be even MORE CLEARLY in recovery mode by election time - SO much so that even the GOP won't be able to deny it anymore. Besides, they can't very well take credit for improving anything after their win in 2010 if NOTHING IMPROVES and if things don't, they can't very well slough off all the blame when they have one hand on the purse strings through their control of half of Congress. They have "skin in the game" now. The economy HAS to continue to improve or they're going to have to share the blame.

Fortunately, this next election won't be about "who takes the blame" but rather about "who takes the credit" - and THAT is a situation that always results in a President being re-elected. Obama will EASILY win - no matter WHO makes gains in Congress for the simple reason that people don't like to change captains when things are on improving course.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-08-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Well it's pretty clear His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to

Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

Obama's promise to end earmarks.

Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

Obama's condescending attitude toward the American people who he believes just don’t have understand that he is someone with superior intelligence who knows what is best from them.

Barry is just like a pimp that tells his "ho" that this is her last time on the street.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:06 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
It's too early if Barry will get another term-but if people like Matt Damon are pissed at him then maybe we have a chance for one term.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:12 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Well it's pretty clear His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to

Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

Obama's promise to end earmarks.

Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

Obama's condescending attitude toward the American people who he believes just don’t have understand that he is someone with superior intelligence who knows what is best from them.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

President Obama didn't send American citizens over to Iraq to die for nothing.

Check out this link and turn off FOX.

Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center

Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Even if the economy improves, the large number of workers who have had to do without a job for several years will be hard to defend. High gas prices would be just a bonus for the GOP. But the failure to nominate a credible candidate could do them in.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:07 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Without direct divine intervention, the republicans don't have a kid on the block who can carry water for Obama.

He's a shoo-in for a second term.
Obama can't carry water for Obama. We can't afford him for another term. Anyone is better than he is on the R side, although I am not happy with the choices that we have thus far. Some one will come along and take him out!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL

Well, you KNOW the GOP will lose when the best their favorite paid poster can say is "God, I sure hope so".

I've said ALL along - and I'll say it AGAIN: Obama will win EASILY - REALLY REALLY easily. History has shown that Presidents pretty much ALWAYS get re-elected when the economy is clearly in recovery mode (which it has been the case for the last year or more) - and it will be even MORE CLEARLY in recovery mode by election time - SO much so that even the GOP won't be able to deny it anymore. Besides, they can't very well take credit for improving anything after their win in 2010 if NOTHING IMPROVES and if things don't, they can't very well slough off all the blame when they have one hand on the purse strings through their control of half of Congress. They have "skin in the game" now. The economy HAS to continue to improve or they're going to have to share the blame.

Fortunately, this next election won't be about "who takes the blame" but rather about "who takes the credit" - and THAT is a situation that always results in a President being re-elected. Obama will EASILY win - no matter WHO makes gains in Congress for the simple reason that people don't like to change captains when things are on improving course.

Ken
Hummmm. Recovery, huh. Just because you are being told that we are in a recovery, doesn't make it true. I go by what I see and how my life has improved (in my case not) and how others around me has changed. Which no one that I know that has lost their jobs in the past 2 years, all except for one person, ONE, everyone else is still unemployed.
Gas prices will be even higher. Things will get worse, not better with him in office. This guy is just clueless. People know that, and will not want him back.
People hated Bush so much that they were willing to elect in a person who was a nobody, who had no expirence, and still has no idea what a president is supposed to do. The R's don't need to have anyone who is a big rockstar in order to push this guy out. They just need someone with a pulse.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
It doesn't take a genius to predict that the incumbent will win. Of course they have a much better chance of remaining in office than losing the election.
And usually it is not as much a reflection on them as it is on the system.

So of course Obama has better odds of remaining in office than anyone else does of winning the election.

But hopefully in the next year or so the voters will realize how ineffective Obama is in the office and opt for a better choice.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Will the GOP put up a better ticket than a fear-mongering old man and a ditz?
Now, burdell, you know that is a balanced ticket for the republicans. Something for everyone, from both divisions of the party.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 PM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Obama can't carry water for Obama. We can't afford him for another term. Anyone is better than he is on the R side, although I am not happy with the choices that we have thus far. Some one will come along and take him out!
"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride..."

You may need a little more concrete plan than "Hope To Change".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies