Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Advertisements

OMG are you kidding me!

TOMBSTONE, Ariz.-- It's a scene straight out of Hitchcock's "Psycho."

A Tombstone filmmaker was arrested Wednesday after authorities found a decomposed body of a woman believed to be his mother inside his home.

Tombstone Marshal Billy Cloud said his office received a call on Wednesday to do a welfare check at the home of 68-year-old Jill Fattig.

Read more: Horror Filmmaker Held After Decomposing Corpse, Believed to Be His Mom, Found in His Home - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
I bet the police busted in just as he was making mashed potatos.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Gross Here a few years ago a granddaughter and her boyfriend failed to report the granmother passed away because they lived with her and her SS supported them, she was on the couch where they sat with her and watched TV. They poured perfume on her to cover the smell and police said she was pretty much mummified.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:27 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

Gross Here a few years ago a granddaughter and her boyfriend failed to report the granmother passed away because they lived with her and her SS supported them, she was on the couch where they sat with her and watched TV. They poured perfume on her to cover the smell and police said she was pretty much mummified.
Oh that's just nasty. I was going to ask, even IF he didn't kill her himself, what kind of sick freak lets his mother's dead body decompose inside her home for over a year? I hadn't considered there might have been a financial motive.

I hope a real-life "Bones" can definitively determine cause of death and this cretin gets what's coming to him.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:16 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
People living with the corpses of deceased loved ones, for at least some period of time like a few days to a few weeks, is way more common than people think. It goes on every day in every city.

It has to do with people in grief and/or denial,and is rarely the creepy or gory situation people want to believe. That is to say, the surviving family (usually an elderly spouse or lone family member) is not dressing the corpse or talking to it. Usually the corpse is just left in the room where they died with the door closed or whatever. It is uncommon but not unusual.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

People living with the corpses of deceased loved ones, for at least some period of time like a few days to a few weeks, is way more common than people think. It goes on every day in every city.

It has to do with people in grief and/or denial,and is rarely the creepy or gory situation people want to believe. That is to say, the surviving family (usually an elderly spouse or lone family member) is not dressing the corpse or talking to it. Usually the corpse is just left in the room where they died with the door closed or whatever. It is uncommon but not unusual.
Sorry, but that's sick. My mother died at home and we called the police when we found her immediately.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:

My wife's dad spent 3? 5? days in their home in his temporary casket before we took him to the crematorium. He was placed in font of the shrine. The temporary casket has a glass covered opening above his face, so you can look down at the dead man. The casket is packed with dry ice and usually kept closed. Sometimes people would drop by and put something in the casket that he liked, like a baseball card, or such. He really loved baseball.

My mom told me when she was a young girl, they used to keep the body in the living room and "stay up with the dead." through the first nght of death. I have no idea WTF that was all about, but it sounds like the beginning of a pretty good horror movie.

Japanese funeral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah well, the smell would stop all that for me.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
My wife's dad spent 3? 5? days in their home in his temporary casket before we took him to the crematorium. He was placed in font of the shrine. The temporary casket has a glass covered opening above his face, so you can look down at the dead man. The casket is packed with dry ice and usually kept closed. Sometimes people would drop by and put something in the casket that he liked, like a baseball card, or such. He really loved baseball.

My mom told me when she was a young girl, they used to keep the body in the living room and "stay up with the dead." through the first nght of death. I have no idea WTF that was all about, but it sounds like the beginning of a pretty good horror movie.

Japanese funeral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh that's just nasty. I was going to ask, even IF he didn't kill her himself, what kind of sick freak lets his mother's dead body decompose inside her home for over a year? I hadn't considered there might have been a financial motive.

I hope a real-life "Bones" can definitively determine cause of death and this cretin gets what's coming to him.
It was determined natural causes, they never went into any deep details but they didn't press charges in the death but i think there was charges over the social security money they were spending of the deceased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies