Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Most recent Presidents have done the same, I bet you had no problem then.

What was with the teeth showing comment, is there an underlying meaning to that?

Seems you follow the President more than most, might I suggest getting a life of your own.
Casper
I challenge you to name a time when a POTUS was faced with so many international crises, of such magnitude, at one time.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Today he is on ESPN selecting the teams in the NCAA Tournament because he just loves to be seen on camera with all his teeth showing. Isn't this something he can do OFF CAMERA? Why should we care what teams he thinks are going to win in the Tournament? Doesn't he have more important things to be focusing on right now?

The man goes out of his way to be a "Celebrity President"
Because he's a man. That's what we do.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Most recent Presidents have done the same, I bet you had no problem then.

What was with the teeth showing comment, is there an underlying meaning to that?

Seems you follow the President more than most, might I suggest getting a life of your own.
Casper

Because everytime I see him on camera he is smiling and waving..............celebrity president

Old 03-16-2011, 08:33 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Because Democrats need to remind people that they have testicles.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I challenge you to name a time when a POTUS was faced with so many international crises, of such magnitude, at one time.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Today he is on ESPN selecting the teams in the NCAA Tournament because he just loves to be seen on camera with all his teeth showing. Isn't this something he can do OFF CAMERA? Why should we care what teams he thinks are going to win in the Tournament? Doesn't he have more important things to be focusing on right now?

The man goes out of his way to be a "Celebrity President"
Because that carries some weight with your average ignorant, lazy, apathetic US voter.

Are you aware of how many sports talk shows are on 24/7 these days? ..........Grown men obsessing with every little detail of some pro athelete's personal life like little 15 year old girls do with boys in their school?

It's just playing to that stupidity.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Because that carries some weight with your average ignorant, lazy, apathetic US voter...
I don't know and I don't care, but could someone post the link to his picks so I don't have to look for myself.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Because narcissists only care about things that entertain them personally, like being a celebrity candidate adored by huge crowds as a result of his incredible achievements. Or like graduating from a super-liberal college and law school, and getting elected by a super-liberal student body to positions of honor but no responsibility such as President of the Harvard Law Review: "As president of the Harvard Law Review and a law professor in Chicago, Senator Barack Obama left a scant paper trail. His name doesn't appear on any legal scholarship." As to those who argue that his official role was to edit and review other students' articles, they ignore the fact that others in that position were extremely prolific and insightful, as well as the fact that 80 law-student editors actually do the "grunt work."

"Obama’s vol. 104 is the least-cited volume of the Harvard Law Review in the last 20 years... and the author of Poisoned Ivy: How Egos, Ideology, and Power Politics Almost Ruined Harvard Law School noted: “Obama was friendly and outgoing, but the class succeeding him wanted a tougher editor to lead them." HarvLawRevCites.pdf.

Going back farther, "Obama did not do nearly well enough at his previous stop, Columbia University, to justify admission to Harvard Law. According to the New York Sun, university spokesman Brian Connolly confirmed that Obama graduated in 1983 with a major in political science but without honors.
In the age of affirmative action and grade inflation, a minority in a relatively easy major like political science had to under-perform dramatically to avoid minimal honors. Obama apparently did just that....Five years after leaving Columbia, Obama decided on law school. His lack of resources did not deter him from thinking big. Nor did his B-minus effort at his Hawaii prep school or his equally indifferent grades at Columbia....We know enough about Obama's Columbia grades to know how far they fall below the Harvard norm, likely even below the affirmative action-adjusted black norm at Harvard. As far back as 1988, however, Obama had serious pull. As previously reported, Khalid al-Mansour, principle adviser to Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, lobbied friends like Manhattan Borough President Percy Sutton to intervene at Harvard on Obama's behalf." Why Obama is mum about Harvard Why Obama is mum about Harvard

Let's face it, the major political parties offer us the absolute dregs for leadership of the nation, and with such chaff to choose from it is little wonder that they all have driven the nation to world greatness to bankruptcy with almost no hope for the future.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:46 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Let's face it, the major political parties offer us the absolute dregs for leadership of the nation, and with such chaff to choose from it is little wonder that they all have driven the nation to world greatness to bankruptcy with almost no hope for the future.
Can you do better? Stop complaining and run for office.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Does no one remember what a big football fan Nixon was?

January 16: Today In Sports History: President Richard Nixon Creates Play Used In Super Bowl VI Between The Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins - The Sports Chat Place

There has never been a bigger football fan in the White House than Richard Nixon and in 1972, a week before the Miami Dolphins played the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl VI, he drew up a play and sent it to Dolphin coach Don Shula.

And GWB once owned a baseball team, frequently went to baseball games.

President George W. Bush Baseball Game Attendance Log

Don't you guys ever quit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies