Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 AM

948 posts, read 1,387,161 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry that the drug store was out of condoms the night you made that little twit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,648,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The mother of an Australian bully who's become an Internet sensation for being body-slammed on video by one of his victims says she wants an apology.

Mother of Bully Body-Slammed in Video Demands Apology From Her Son's Victim - FoxNews.com

OK, how's this for an apology:

* I'm sorry your kid is such a dumb-chit azzhat bully

* I'm sorry you're a terrible parent who should have never been allowed to breed

* I'm sorry you didn't receive a Darwin award before generating an evil spawn

* I'm sorry you're too stupid to realize that your kid got what he deserved
Ya know, my son was offered extra credit in school for attending a 'workshop' last night, so, I takes him to it. Turns out it was a presentation by some tinhorn named Izzy Mann who was pitching his 'system' for dealing with bullying. some of what he was selling was OK, if utilized by adults. However, if kids, especially teens, were to try this stuff I can see the violence and pack brutallity escalating to epic proportions ricky tick. Sorry if I'm getting off track here , but, this whole 'bullying' thing sweeping across the globe leaves me feeling just a bit ....drained

Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Good for the kid, stupid school suspended him for as long a period of time as the bully...typical mindless school reaction.
I got no problem with the publishment and think it appropriate. Had there not been a video tape of the situation, the world would be calling the victim the bully..

They both deserve to be punished for assaulting one another period..

Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I got no problem with the publishment and think it appropriate. Had there not been a video tape of the situation, the world would be calling the victim the bully..

I dunno. Sucker punching is the worst. I would never fault someone who got sucker punched for fighting back.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,801 times
I love it! Her son is shamed around the world and his idiot mother keeps the story going and brings further shame on the whole family. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,803,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Punished for defending himself? No way - that's a HUGE part of what's wrong with schools now. And the mother of the bully's expectations as well apparently.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,173,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I disagree, the perpetrator should be the one punished, not the individual finally responding to the torment.
The school is responsible for the safety of the children, not dispensing justice. The reality is all actions have consequences. The big kid made a tradeoff between suspension and putting a stop to the bullying. I think he made a fair trade in an unfair world.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
The school had to suspend both children. It must do everything within reason to discourage any kind of violence. Bully or not no one wants to see a 10 year old seriously injured.
I agree totally. The only person I disagree with is the mother demanding an apology. She should be sitting her son down for a long lecture on the evils of bullying people and how lucky he is that he didn't get more seriously hurt. He got the crop that he sewed.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:08 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
The school is responsible for the safety of the children, not dispensing justice. The reality is all actions have consequences. The big kid made a tradeoff between suspension and putting a stop to the bullying. I think he made a fair trade in an unfair world.

The reality is all actions do not have fair consequences. The bully should have beed suspended. The victim should have gotten a hug and an appoligy from the principle for not taking care of his bullying problems long ago. He had been complaining for some time.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,173,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Punished for defending himself? No way - that's a HUGE part of what's wrong with schools now. And the mother of the bully's expectations as well apparently.
You and I have the luxury of a video to fall back on. In most cases these situations come down to he said/he said. It's virtually impossible to determine who committed the first "wrong." Since the primary concern of the administrators or teachers is safety and not determining the right and wrong of the matter, which varies by the way depending on the culture/sub-culture of the child, putting safety first is the only choice a school has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies